Default custom t-top mounted on upper lips as kayak roof rack for boat

This will sound off the wall, but I think it will work... only not
sure how and who would do such a job. Perhaps I could do it myself,
though the thought of drill holes in my boat...

At the local westmarine they are showcasing some custom welded
stainless T-top frames. The 2" welded poles are damn sturdy look like
it could hold up an eliphant. But the base plates are huge and they
are strewing into the subfloor of an open fisherman I'm sure.

My boat is not an open w/a fisherman for it to have a floor mounted
T-top ... it's a small 18 foot cruiser with a cuddy - it's got seating
for 6 in the center. The hull upper lips of my boat are about 2
inches wide and the transom is about 5 inches wide. What I'd like to
do is install those same pipes for a much longer/wider t-top big
enough to support two kayaks (about 100 lbs) on top. Serving serveral
purposes at the same time - like shade and space managment.

Has anybody ever seen this? Any reason I should not try to do this?
Will the hulls upper lips support such a frame and weight? ... i can't
see why not, but would like some opinions.

Thanks for any help or information.