Wayne.B

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:16:07 -0500, ".JIMinFL"
wrote:

It got down to 58 last night. I had to put a jacket on to walk the dog this
morning. I kinda miss summer.

===============================

Me too in a way. We actually ate dinner indoors the other night for
the first time in months. Last night was back on the patio though.

The weather here has been near perfect since the end of September.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
-rick- wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote ...

Better yet, move to Florida, avoid the heater, avoid winterization and
go around saying things like "what is winter?".

I can put on a jacket and be comfortable here but can't take off enough
clothes
to endure a Florida summer.

-rick-

Florida summers suck. Florida winters are heaven.

Eisboch

Well, summers in Northern Florida are not bad. But once you reach the
latitude of Orlano, it is hot as Hades beginning in about April.

But Hades is much drier...and the people are just so damn mean and grumpy
all of the time. At least the mean and grumpy people leave Florida in the
Summer.

P.Fritz

"NOYB" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:28:04 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
news On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:04:52 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

snip
Just before the second round of cutting, after she lied about
"stinging" a little, I stopped her and said, "Let's be honest, this is
going to feel like an ice pick going through the roof of my mouth into
my brain. Why don't you just tell me the truth?"

Her reply was, "Colonel Herring, do you really think I'd have much of
a practice if I told all my patients that?" She did have a point.

snip

Most dentiists will rub a bit of banana flavoured stuff to surface freeze
where the needle pricks. Your people must have enjoyed watching you
twitch.

That stuff, Novocaine(?), just never did much for me. Maybe if I'd
drank a glassful, but they never offered enough.

The topical gel applied before the needle is benzocaine. It helps only a
little bit. The best way to ensure that a shot is painless is to inject
sloooooooooowly. However, there is almost no way to make those shots in
the palate painless. I almost never give 'em...but I don't do perio
surgery. There is a lidocaine transdermal patch that, if applied about 10
minutes before the palatal shot, works pretty well.

BTW--we don't use novocaine anymore. We use lidocaine, mepivacaine,
bupivacaine, articaine, or prilocaine. Articaine works better than any of
them...and bupivacaine lasts the longest.

Doesn't matter what it is, you still end up drooling out of half your mouth
for the rest of the day :-)

Doug Kanter

"We don't think that people need to take vitamin E supplements, that
they get enough from the diet," he said. Nuts, oils, whole grains and
green leafy vegetables are all rich in vitamin E.

Based on 20 years of trying to give away my oversupply of leafy green
vegetables from the garden, the previous paragraph is untrue. Most of my
neighbors looked at romaine, swiss chard and a dozen other greens and said
"Whuh? Wazzat?"

JohnH

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:46:48 -0500, "NOYB" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
[...]

Actually, the best is sugarcane, converted to 150 proof Bacardi, as
long as the dentist doesn't make any sparks while doing his work!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:22:56 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

.. .

"We don't think that people need to take vitamin E supplements, that
they get enough from the diet," he said. Nuts, oils, whole grains and
green leafy vegetables are all rich in vitamin E.

Based on 20 years of trying to give away my oversupply of leafy green
vegetables from the garden, the previous paragraph is untrue. Most of my
neighbors looked at romaine, swiss chard and a dozen other greens and said
"Whuh? Wazzat?"

Wazzzzzuuuuuuuuppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

Tom