dixon

Default The Bible tells me so...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
(One of my email friends passed this along to me...it's kind of light,
and I think it'll make most of us smile...)

Dear President Bush:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Laws. I
have learned a great deal from your pronouncements regarding what is
morally right and what is morally wrong, and I want to share that
knowledge with as many people as I can.

For example, when someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, I
simply remind them that you told us that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states
it to be an abomination. End of debate.

But I do need advice from you regarding some of the other specific laws
in the Bible and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a
pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They
claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in
Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair
price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her
period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is,how do
I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and
female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend
of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:
clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill
him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.
I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have
a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does
my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.
19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me
unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two
different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also
tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to
all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? -
Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family
affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you
can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal
and unchanging.

Another Devout American Christian

Joseph Smith

Harry, you say this is kind of light and will make us smile? You act like
its just another funny email? This is GOLD! I have so many inlaws that have
been craming select bible passages down my throat that this makes my "send
email" finger tremble. Of course it will probably cost me a divorce, but you
can't have everything!
Dixon

del cecchi

"dixon" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
(One of my email friends passed this along to me...it's kind of

light,
and I think it'll make most of us smile...)

snip the AntiSemetic Hate Speech.

Harry, you say this is kind of light and will make us smile? You act

like
its just another funny email? This is GOLD! I have so many inlaws that

have
been craming select bible passages down my throat that this makes my

"send
email" finger tremble. Of course it will probably cost me a divorce,

but you
can't have everything!
Dixon

As you certainly know, the new covenant supercedes the old covenant.
These quotes are from the Mosaic Law of the old Testament and as such
are not relevant to Christians. Nice try, oh bigoted one.

John S

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:35:13 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

del cecchi wrote:
"dixon" wrote in message

[...]

The New Testament supcedes the Old Testament?
I'll bet that would **** off Jesus...he never converted.

Oh the Old Testament called for many things that I wouldn't agree with.
Though I am Catholic, I don't follow in blindness.

You know a Priest once told me there is nothing worse than a number of
Priests having dinner and discussing religion. That is the truth. Even they
can't agree on all facets of the Catholic religion.

Are you still going to get some boating in this year Harry? I hope so.

The weather up here is turning pretty cold. I still see a few people hauling
their aluminum outboards out for a day of fishing.

We probably need to caution some of these nimrods in the north about the
dangers of hypothermia.

Maybe this week I'll find some time to post a few links about the danger.

Regards
John S

I would rather be boating!
Doug Kanter

"John S" wrote in message

The weather up here is turning pretty cold. I still see a few people

hauling
their aluminum outboards out for a day of fishing.

We probably need to caution some of these nimrods in the north about the
dangers of hypothermia.

Maybe this week I'll find some time to post a few links about the danger.

"We probably need...." ?????

You're full of advice for other people, aren't you? What makes you think the
fishermen you mentioned haven't discovered sweaters and thermal underwear?

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:58:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John S" wrote in message
.. .

The weather up here is turning pretty cold. I still see a few people

hauling
their aluminum outboards out for a day of fishing.

We probably need to caution some of these nimrods in the north about the
dangers of hypothermia.

Maybe this week I'll find some time to post a few links about the danger.

"We probably need...." ?????

You're full of advice for other people, aren't you? What makes you think the
fishermen you mentioned haven't discovered sweaters and thermal underwear?

What's underwear?

Later,

Tom

John S

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:58:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John S" wrote in message
.. .

The weather up here is turning pretty cold. I still see a few people

hauling
their aluminum outboards out for a day of fishing.

We probably need to caution some of these nimrods in the north about the
dangers of hypothermia.

Maybe this week I'll find some time to post a few links about the danger.

"We probably need...." ?????

You're full of advice for other people, aren't you? What makes you think the
fishermen you mentioned haven't discovered sweaters and thermal underwear?

There is a lot more to learn about hypothermia than just dressing warm. Did
you know that if you take a fall into freezing water your body may
involuntarily gasp for air sucking water into your lungs? Without a life
jacket, you could well be gone.

Hypothermia has often been called "The Killer of the Unprepared." It is also
the number one killer of many outdoor sports enthusiasts.

I sea kayak in cold weather and believe me, hypothermia is a concern and a
real and present danger. Anyone that boats on cold water should know the
perils.

I'll not be egged into an argument with you though.

Have a nice day.

Regards
John S

I would rather be boating!
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 07:43:30 -0500, John S wrote:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:58:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John S" wrote in message
. ..

The weather up here is turning pretty cold. I still see a few people

hauling
their aluminum outboards out for a day of fishing.

We probably need to caution some of these nimrods in the north about the
dangers of hypothermia.

Maybe this week I'll find some time to post a few links about the danger.

"We probably need...." ?????

You're full of advice for other people, aren't you? What makes you think the
fishermen you mentioned haven't discovered sweaters and thermal underwear?

There is a lot more to learn about hypothermia than just dressing warm. Did
you know that if you take a fall into freezing water your body may
involuntarily gasp for air sucking water into your lungs?

You know what that is called? It's part of something called the
Mammalian Dive Reflex only in reverse.

http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/225

There has been some research into this as being part of the SIDs
cycle.

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004
basskisser

"Harry Krause" piedtypecase@a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=yahoo%20com" onmouseover="window.status='yahoo.com'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"yahoo.com/a wrote in message
(One of my email friends passed this along to me...it's kind of

light,
and I think it'll make most of us smile...)

snip the AntiSemetic Hate Speech.

Harry, you say this is kind of light and will make us smile? You act

like
its just another funny email? This is GOLD! I have so many inlaws that

have
been craming select bible passages down my throat that this makes my

"send
email" finger tremble. Of course it will probably cost me a divorce,

but you
can't have everything!
Dixon

As you certainly know, the new covenant supercedes the old covenant.
These quotes are from the Mosaic Law of the old Testament and as such
are not relevant to Christians. Nice try, oh bigoted one.

HEHEHE!@!!!! The christians do that very thing all of the time.
They'll feel free to state something from the bible, IF it fits their
agenda, but if someone else says, well, hey, it also says.....,
they'll say, well, yes, but that's been superceded by.....
What a crock of ****. IF the new testiment supercedes the old, this
means that the old has absolutely NO relevence. IF that then, is the
case, why did Bush use it, when it was to his advantage?
Don White

"John S" wrote in message

There is a lot more to learn about hypothermia than just dressing warm.

Did
you know that if you take a fall into freezing water your body may
involuntarily gasp for air sucking water into your lungs? Without a life
jacket, you could well be gone.

Hypothermia has often been called "The Killer of the Unprepared." It is

also
the number one killer of many outdoor sports enthusiasts.

I sea kayak in cold weather and believe me, hypothermia is a concern and a
real and present danger. Anyone that boats on cold water should know the
perils.

I'll not be egged into an argument with you though.

Have a nice day.

Around here they say half the people would survive half an hour in 50 deg F.
water. Our ocean water gets much cooler than that in the winter.

P.Fritz

wrote:

del cecchi wrote:
"dixon" wrote in message

[...]

The fact is that a much of those 'laws' set forth in the OT are a basic
sanitary code when viewed from the knowledge of the time it was written.
It is typical of the liebral to attempt to mesh it with the moral code that
are still relevant today.