Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
GX

Default Anyone familiar with 1988 Stratos 1800 XL?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first posting on the boating section. So, I apologize if this
question has been placed before.
I just purchased a used 1988 19' Fish/Sky Stratos 1800 XL and I would like
to know a couple of thing about this craft before I touch it.

1. Can anyone tell me where I can get an accurate market price of a boat?
like N.A.D.A or something like that?
2. My speedometer doesn't work? I can see the plastic piece on the transom
but I can get any speed on the instrument? What is the general problem with
these devices? what should I check or replace first in order to get it
fixed.
3. The gas gauge instrument doesn;t work either, what would be the cause of
this? or WHere should I strat troubleshooting this issue?
4. I just purchased a deep/fish finder. Is there's a website that tells you
how to do the installation? I'm afraid of drilling holes on the transom
although I have a I/O but I'm new on boating and I just want to make sure I
get this right.

Thanks for the help in advance.

PD - I checked with the manufacturer and they don;t have any info on this.