Don ßćiley

Default Oak Island Restaurants

A word about Zachary's . I've had good and bad times there.
We will never go back though. The last time my wife and I
dined there, the flounder was full of bones. When we questioned
the waitress (who couldn't care less about anything), we were
informed that the owners wanted the flounder that way.

Huh?

Seagrass...

Agreed, Excellent food, but plan on this place for a special occasion only.

How can you go wrong with Provision Co? And yes, there's a clone Provision
on Holden Beach with the same menu.

btw,

I caught a cooler full of Whiting (sea mullet?) last weekend. As Im
sure you are aware, last Saturday was absolutely beautiful on the
water. Ah.....

db

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Anybody familiar with Southport, Oak Island, or vicinity restaurants
is free to critique my critiques at:

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/Links...estaurants.htm

any additions, deletions, and/or (constructive) comments will be
appreciated...

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Doug Kanter

"Don ßćiley" wrote in message
A word about Zachary's . I've had good and bad times there.
We will never go back though. The last time my wife and I
dined there, the flounder was full of bones. When we questioned
the waitress (who couldn't care less about anything), we were
informed that the owners wanted the flounder that way.

Huh?

Interesting excuse. I suppose the owners like sand in their eyes and broken
glass in their desserts too.

Don ßćiley

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Don ßćiley" wrote in message
A word about Zachary's . I've had good and bad times there.
We will never go back though. The last time my wife and I
dined there, the flounder was full of bones. When we questioned
the waitress (who couldn't care less about anything), we were
informed that the owners wanted the flounder that way.

Huh?

Interesting excuse. I suppose the owners like sand in their eyes and

broken
glass in their desserts too.

Well, that was our reaction too, my wife and I were just dumbfounded
when she said that

db

Doug Kanter

"Don ßćiley" wrote in message
A word about Zachary's . I've had good and bad times there.
We will never go back though. The last time my wife and I
dined there, the flounder was full of bones. When we questioned
the waitress (who couldn't care less about anything), we were
informed that the owners wanted the flounder that way.

Huh?

Interesting excuse. I suppose the owners like sand in their eyes and

broken
glass in their desserts too.

Well, that was our reaction too, my wife and I were just dumbfounded
when she said that

db

A friend of mine is a graduate of Culinary Institute of America. I mentioned
to him that my son had an emergency room incident with a fish bone in his
throat this past summer. He commented that at CIA, they spend TONS of time
teaching students how to clean fish perfectly. Failure means working extra
shifts in the kitchen and washing dishes. They learn quickly. He also said I
should avoid the restaurant where my son was the victim, but unfortunately,
it was MY kitchen.