John Gaquin

Default JUST VOTE

The day is here. No excuses, just do the work. It matters not for whom,
but you must go and vote. If not, whether through laziness, depression,
forgetfulness, ignorance, or some pompous notion that to not vote may serve
as some sort of protest, you forfeit your right to bitch until the next
election. Be there!

John S

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:16:36 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

The day is here. No excuses, just do the work. It matters not for whom,
but you must go and vote. If not, whether through laziness, depression,
forgetfulness, ignorance, or some pompous notion that to not vote may serve
as some sort of protest, you forfeit your right to bitch until the next
election. Be there!

Some people have excuses. My mother in law refuses to vote for a Republican.
She is also Pro Life and will not support a candidate that votes Pro Choice.

She is not going to vote. Her choice and a good one for her.
Gary Warner

"John Gaquin" wrote in message
The day is here. No excuses, just do the work. It matters not for whom,
but you must go and vote. If not, whether through laziness, depression,
forgetfulness, ignorance, or some pompous notion that to not vote may

serve
as some sort of protest, you forfeit your right to bitch until the next
election. Be there!

Of course it matters who you vote for. And no, it's not true that "you must
go and vote." I don't even agree with that oft' repeated sentiment that if
you
don't vote you have lost your right to bitch or criticize. One could
rightfully
feel that their bitching and criticizing does much more to help effect
change
than their vote does. For example, I live in Mass which will almost
certainly
go for Kerry. So voting in the presidential election is probably not as
important
as staying informed on the issues and discussing the issues with friends &
strangers all around the world.

If you want people to go vote how about these reasons:
+ Remember, there are many local races and ballot questions that may effect
you
as much or more than the Presidential race.

+ Even if you abstain from making any mark on most of the ballot, just the
fact
that you voted will help increase the time & effort that your elected
officials
spend on people like you (your location, your age, your race, etc.)

Don White

Do what we do up here...vote for a fresh new party. I'd probably take a
good look at Ralph Nader if I could vote in the American election.