Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Falky foo

Default REAL question about piracy at sea

Just getting into the cruising lifestyle.. saw a lame post here about piracy
on the sea, but it did bring to mind some stories I've heard about problems
people have had, especially in Mexico. My questions a

Is piracy a problem at all really? Or only in certain areas and only
rarely?

Is the government seizure of boats in Mexican water a problem? A family
friend was in Mexican water when his boat was boarded and searched by,
apparently, the Federales. He had a couple of shotguns on board for
protection. They arrested him, charged him with running guns, and extorted
a bunch of money before letting him go, but they kept the boat and the guns.

Common?

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
Group newbie with a prop question... WildestDream General 4 August 29th 03 05:30 AM