BoatBanter.com

-   -   Which anti freeze in Massachusetts? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/24353-anti-freeze-massachusetts.html)

SASIINC October 25th 04 04:23 PM

Which anti freeze in Massachusetts?

At West Marine there is -50, -60 and -100 Sea Fit Anti-Freeze. Which one should
I use here in Massachusetts for my twin 6.2 MPIs with raw water cooling?
Frank

Short Wave Sportfishing October 25th 04 04:54 PM

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:48:17 GMT, wrote:

On 25 Oct 2004 15:23:18 GMT,
(SASIINC) wrote:

At West Marine there is -50, -60 and -100 Sea Fit Anti-Freeze. Which one should
I use here in Massachusetts for my twin 6.2 MPIs with raw water cooling?
Frank

If Boston takes the series, you better go for the -100. It is likely
that even hell will freeze over!

BB
GO SOX!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Best headline after the Yankee series - "Red Sox Win - Pigs Flying -
Hell Freezing Over"

Later,

Tom

"Beware the one legged man in a butt
kicking contest - he is there for a
reason."

Wun Hung Lo - date unknown

Short Wave Sportfishing October 25th 04 05:00 PM

On 25 Oct 2004 15:23:18 GMT, (SASIINC) wrote:

At West Marine there is -50, -60 and -100 Sea Fit Anti-Freeze. Which one should
I use here in Massachusetts for my twin 6.2 MPIs with raw water cooling?

You would be safe with the -50, but if you are the least bit anal
about these things, go with the -60.

It never gets that cold - you will see -10ºF or so, but as long as
I've been alive, I've never seen it colder than -20ºF. Upper Maine
maybe, but MA/RI/CT - never.

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

MikeG October 25th 04 05:00 PM

In article ,
says...
At West Marine there is -50, -60 and -100 Sea Fit Anti-Freeze. Which one should
I use here in Massachusetts for my twin 6.2 MPIs with raw water cooling?
Frank

If that is degrees Fahrenheit -50 is more then sufficient.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods

Bowgus October 26th 04 02:25 AM

Does not raw water cooled mean that water from the ocean/lake/river/swamp is
pumped through the engines/manifolds/risers and used to cool the
engines/manifolds/risers ... in which case, drain all the water from the
engines/manifolds/risers ... and that's that ... which is what I've been
doing the past few years with winters down to -50C.

-rick- October 26th 04 03:20 AM

If that is degrees Fahrenheit -50 is more then sufficient.

-40F = -40C