Scott Downey

Default GPS trackmaker or oziexplorer?

Has anyone experience in either mapping software?
I have been playing with both. They also take a decent machine to run the
program such as 600 - 700 mhz using decent maps.
I toyed with the idea of buying a cheap laptop on EBAY but I fear these
programs would be absolute dogs on low power machines.
I have downloaded NOAA coastal tiff images and am pleased with the results.
What are your experiences using these programs on laptops, what type of
power etc...
Any feedback would be great