BoatBanter.com

-   -   Another tool ID needed XIV (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/23815-another-tool-id-needed-xiv.html)

R.H. October 11th 04 09:52 PM

Another tool ID needed XIV

There is a photo of a tool on my site that has an anchor symbol on it,
I was hoping that someone here might be able to tell me if this is
some type of boating tool or not, it's number 151 on the site below:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Rob

Gould 0738 October 11th 04 10:02 PM

Longshoreman's hook.

Short Wave Sportfishing October 11th 04 11:40 PM

On 11 Oct 2004 21:02:43 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Longshoreman's hook.

I could see a cargo hook of some sort, like for bundles of flax, henp
or other baled material, but the handling hooks used by longshoremen
of the time had less of a curve and usually a wooden or iron T handle.

I would think this would be hard to handle.

All the best,

Tom
--------------

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

R.H. October 12th 04 09:35 PM

"William" wrote in message

Looks like a hoof pick to clean out a horses foot.

It turns out that this is the correct answer, the anchor was probably a
symbol from the manufacturer and not related to its use. Thanks for the
replies.

Rob

Short Wave Sportfishing October 12th 04 09:50 PM