BoatBanter.com

-   -   Naples, Florida - New Speed Restrictions (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/23665-naples-florida-new-speed-restrictions.html)

Florida Keyz October 13th 04 12:30 AM

I agree, the Powers that be have taken advantage. Manatees are NOT endangered.

Wayne.B October 13th 04 05:35 AM

On 12 Oct 2004 23:30:03 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

I agree, the Powers that be have taken advantage. Manatees are NOT endangered.

Even the manatees know that. Manatees however are a convenient crutch
to lean on for the folks who don't like boats very much for one reason
or another. I believe the most effective tactic would be to take
legal action aganst both the organizations, and the people behind the
organizations. It can cost a lot to defend against a few well chosen
law suits. We need to organize and fund a group that can do that
effectively. We also need to pressure those among us who are giving
boats a bad name.

Greg October 13th 04 05:46 AM

We need to organize and fund a group that can do that
effectively

Check into "Standing Watch"
http://www.standing-watch.org/

Wayne.B October 13th 04 05:56 AM

On 13 Oct 2004 04:46:53 GMT, (Greg) wrote:

We need to organize and fund a group that can do that
effectively

Check into "Standing Watch"
http://www.standing-watch.org/

Good link, thanks. It sounds like they are off to a good start but we
realy need a group at the national level also to start fighting some
of the ridiculous federal rulings.