Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Warner

Default Non-partisan debate observation

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Classiest moment in the debate:

John Edwards realized (a few seconds after he began speakng) that he had

been
unfairly awarded an extra 30-second response. While he could have

continued to
try to make an extra point he ceded the floor the comply with the rules of

the
debate. We could use a few more elected officials who value fair play and
respect the rules.

Yea, but Edwards also interrupted Cheney while Cheney was speaking. That
is a clear violation of both the rules of the debate and common courtesy.
Personally,
I don't subtract or award many points for one small gaff or one small
positive action
such as these. Anyone can make a simple mistake.

The Political Debate Gilligan ASA 99 October 8th 04 02:28 AM
GOP Spin on Why Bush Lost Debate... Harry Krause General 1 October 2nd 04 12:35 AM
OT Bush still afraid to publicly debate Kerry? basskisser General 21 September 15th 04 11:04 PM