Gary Warner

Default Non-partisan debate observation

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Classiest moment in the debate:

John Edwards realized (a few seconds after he began speakng) that he had

been
unfairly awarded an extra 30-second response. While he could have

continued to
try to make an extra point he ceded the floor the comply with the rules of

the
debate. We could use a few more elected officials who value fair play and
respect the rules.

Yea, but Edwards also interrupted Cheney while Cheney was speaking. That
is a clear violation of both the rules of the debate and common courtesy.
Personally,
I don't subtract or award many points for one small gaff or one small
positive action
such as these. Anyone can make a simple mistake.