NOYB

Default OT--Congratulations to the 4th ID

....for catching Saddam. I hope the guy spent the last 8 months in various 8
foot holes...'cause it'll prepare him for the next several months before he
is shot.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
...for catching Saddam. I hope the guy spent the last 8 months in various 8
foot holes...'cause it'll prepare him for the next several months before he
is shot.

Indeed, but in reality, BFD.

The United States military hasn't won a war against a notable adversary
since 1945, and in *that* war, we were engaged with our allies in
efforts to rid the world of dictatorships and military machines that
came close to taking over the world. We fought to a draw in Korea, we
had out butts handed to us in Vietnam, and, since then, we've used our
might correctly and incorrectly in a series of little bitty wars against
fifth-rate powers. Like Iraq.

It is a minor victory, and I mean minor, for our forces to have captured
Saddam alive so he can be put on trial.

After his capture was announced, there was a car bomb explosion in Iraq
that killed 17 people, or so I heard on the news.

So, as soon as you get over the five point bump in the polls that this
will give Bush (and a bump in the polls was all Iraq ever was about),
ask yourself these questions:

1. Is the US safer from terrorist attacks now than it was yesterday?
If so, what proof have you to offer?

2. Where are the WMD that Iraq has or had?

3. Where is the proof of a direct, serious connection between Saddam and
Osama in terms of 9-11?

4. Is the Middle East any more safer or rational today?

5. Will hostilities cease in Iraq?

6. Should we expect a retaliatory strike from the Moslem world on US soil?

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers and seven months to find one man.

I can't help recall reading of some of the heroic events of WW II, in
which our troops, along with the troops of many other nations,
liberated, at great cost, entire nations, and were greeted in the
streets of the cities by huge crowds planting flowers and kisses on them.

Now, what have we? We captured Saddam Hussein.

Now what?

--
Email sent to is never read.

JohnH

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:20:06 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Absolutely. Saddam has been captured. What proof do you have to the contrary?

2. Where are the WMD that Iraq has or had?

Still under ground, in a neighboring country, or destroyed.

3. Where is the proof of a direct, serious connection between Saddam and
Osama in terms of 9-11?

No more needed.

4. Is the Middle East any more safer or rational today?

Yes.

5. Will hostilities cease in Iraq?

Probably not. But they haven't ceased in Ohio either.

6. Should we expect a retaliatory strike from the Moslem world on US soil?

We should be prepared, within reason, for a strike.

Hundreds of thousands of soldiers and seven months to find one man.

So what?

I can't help recall reading of some of the heroic events of WW II, in
which our troops, along with the troops of many other nations,
liberated, at great cost, entire nations, and were greeted in the
streets of the cities by huge crowds planting flowers and kisses on them.

Now, what have we? We captured Saddam Hussein.

Now what?

Now we see what happens, Harry. You will continue to frantically search for
anything negative about the USA that you can find. You will then blame it on
Bush.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Gould 0738

On my TV they show Iraqi's dancing in the streets all over Iraq.

Callin out, across the sand
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Saddam's caught and the time is right
For dancin in the street

They're dancin down in Baghdad
and in old Takrit
Don't forget the Kuwait City
All we need are soldiers, soldiers,
There are soldiers everywhere
Better damn well dance
While we've got the chance
For Faux US TV.

It doesn't matter what you wear
But you better get out there.....

(This brief musical interlude sponsored by Halliburton Corp. We now return you
to our regularly scheduled double handful of disaster) :-)

Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:

Now we see what happens, Harry. You will continue to frantically search for
anything negative about the USA that you can find. You will then blame it on
Bush.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

I think the USA is a great county, and I don't for a moment confuse the
greatness of the USA with the political garbage now in control of it.
Hopefully we will survive Bush and the rest of the neoCon trash.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Jack Meholf

Are you suggesting that the Iraqi's are not pleased that SH has been
captured? CNN feels that it is a "monumental day in history", is it because
they are paid off by Halliburton Corp?

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
On my TV they show Iraqi's dancing in the streets all over Iraq.

Callin out, across the sand
Are you ready for a brand new beat?
Saddam's caught and the time is right
For dancin in the street

They're dancin down in Baghdad
and in old Takrit
Don't forget the Kuwait City
All we need are soldiers, soldiers,
There are soldiers everywhere
Better damn well dance
While we've got the chance
For Faux US TV.

It doesn't matter what you wear
But you better get out there.....

(This brief musical interlude sponsored by Halliburton Corp. We now return

you
to our regularly scheduled double handful of disaster) :-)

Gould 0738

Are you suggesting that the Iraqi's are not pleased that SH has been
captured? CNN feels that it is a "monumental day in history", is it because
they are paid off by Halliburton Corp?

I suspect that most Iraqi's are very pleased that Saddam Hussein has been
captured.
My satiricial jab was in response to "dancing in the street". People behave
differently in front of TV camears and large numbers of heavily armed soldiers.
They aim to please.

Good thing SH is gone. But when watching the dancers, don't forget that the
jubilant crowd around the statue toppling last spring was later revealed to be
a staged-for-TV event.
thunder

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:11:14 +0000, Jack Meholf wrote:

Are you suggesting that the Iraqi's are not pleased that SH has been
captured? CNN feels that it is a "monumental day in history", is it
because they are paid off by Halliburton Corp?

Are you suggesting that *all* Iraqis are pleased that SH has been
captured? It's great that he has been captured, but there is still a long
road ahead.