K Smith

Default OT If True & confirmed about saddam, congrats to you all

So far it's an unconfirm "Iranian" report,
but...................keeping our fingers crossed!!

Take care & well done.

JohnH

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:28:17 +1100, K Smith wrote:

So far it's an unconfirm "Iranian" report,
but...................keeping our fingers crossed!!

Take care & well done.

Thanks, K!

Now I'm waiting to see how many congratulatory messages are posted by Harry,
jps, basskisser, et al. Should be interesting reading.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Steven Shelikoff

wrote:

So far it's an unconfirm "Iranian" report,
but...................keeping our fingers crossed!!

Take care & well done.

One of the advantages of living in an earlier time zone I guess.

But yes, it's confirmed and of course in all the early Sunday news
reports here.

Steve

thunder

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:06:08 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Now I'm waiting to see how many congratulatory messages are posted by
Harry, jps, basskisser, et al. Should be interesting reading.

Capturing Saddam is a good thing, but I'd hold off on hanging another
"Mission Accomplished" banner until we see how it plays out in Iraq. I
would hope the attacks on Americans would taper off, but there is no
guarantee and there is still a long road ahead in Iraq.

Is anyone else surprised he was taken alive? I would have thought he
would have committed suicide before capture.

Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:06:08 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Now I'm waiting to see how many congratulatory messages are posted by
Harry, jps, basskisser, et al. Should be interesting reading.

Capturing Saddam is a good thing, but I'd hold off on hanging another
"Mission Accomplished" banner until we see how it plays out in Iraq. I
would hope the attacks on Americans would taper off, but there is no
guarantee and there is still a long road ahead in Iraq.

The people with brains (military in Iraq) have apparently been telling
reporters to "simmer down now". The insurgents are working with an agenda
that doesn't quite fit ANYONE'S guess, including ours or Saddam's. Read the
December 15th Time Magazine cover story. Near the end of the story is a
paragraph which the borg will interpret as left-biased, but 98% of what's
there seems factual.

Steven Shelikoff

wrote:

So far it's an unconfirm "Iranian" report,
but...................keeping our fingers crossed!!

Take care & well done.

One of the advantages of living in an earlier time zone I guess.

But yes, it's confirmed and of course in all the early Sunday news
reports here.

This is such a yawner. It took all of Bush's horses and all of Bush's

Apparently the rest of the world doesn't agree with your assesment that
"This is such a yawner." You must be working for Dean/Gore now, since
he's the one that's most hurt by this news so downplaying it is in his
best interest. Lieberman seemed pretty excited this morning.

Steve
Gould 0738

Is anyone else surprised he was taken alive? I would have thought he
would have committed suicide before capture.

Saddam is very much a coward. Always has been. Cowards don't commit suicide
unless overwhelmed with depression.

He probably expects to survive.

We have caught a hot potato. The US will want to try him at a US (only)
military tribunal, and the rest of the world will want a Nuremberg type trial.
Sticky diplomacy ahead, at a time when Colin Powell has been muzzled and nobody
else in the administration is up to the task.
Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

Is anyone else surprised he was taken alive? I would have thought he
would have committed suicide before capture.

Saddam is very much a coward. Always has been. Cowards don't commit suicide
unless overwhelmed with depression.

He probably expects to survive.

We have caught a hot potato. The US will want to try him at a US (only)
military tribunal, and the rest of the world will want a Nuremberg type trial.
Sticky diplomacy ahead, at a time when Colin Powell has been muzzled and nobody
else in the administration is up to the task.

Doesn't Fox News (ha!) already have the trial transcripts?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Harry Krause

wrote:

So far it's an unconfirm "Iranian" report,
but...................keeping our fingers crossed!!

Take care & well done.

One of the advantages of living in an earlier time zone I guess.

But yes, it's confirmed and of course in all the early Sunday news
reports here.

This is such a yawner. It took all of Bush's horses and all of Bush's

Apparently the rest of the world doesn't agree with your assesment that
"This is such a yawner." You must be working for Dean/Gore now, since
he's the one that's most hurt by this news so downplaying it is in his
best interest. Lieberman seemed pretty excited this morning.

Steve

Saddam has been out of power for seven months. It's nice that he's been
captured. But...now what, Steve? After his capture was announced, a car
bomb in Iraq took out 17 people.

--
Email sent to is never read.