Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Warner

Default Interesting Excerpt from Debate Agreement

Excerpt 1:
(e) Neither film footage nor video footage nor any audio excerpts
from the debates may be used publicly by either candidate's campaign
through any means, including but not limited to, radio, television,
internet, or videotapes, whether broadcast or distributed
in any other manner.

~~ I HEARD SOMEWHERE yesterday that the Kerry camp was so
pleased with Bushes pauses and annoyed looks that they were planning
on making a commercial out of them. The above would seem to
limit that possibility. Maybe the 527's can use the footage?? I wonder
if the footage is owned by the debate commission and/or the
new organization that provided the feed???

Excerpt 2:
TV coverage during the question and answer period shall be limited to
shots of the candidates or moderator and in no case shall any television
shots be taken of any member of the audience (including candidates' family
members) from the time the first question is asked until the conclusion of
the
closing statements.When a candidate is speaking, either in answering a
question or making his closing statement, TV coverage will be limited to
the candidate speaking. There will be no TV cut-aways to any candidate
who is not responding to a question while another candidate is answering
a question or to a candidate who is not giving a closing statement while
another candidate is doing so.

~~ THIS DOESN'T EXACTLY say that the split-sceen that we saw in not allowed.
But I think one of the worst things for President Bush was the looks on
his face when Kerry was talking. I wonder if the *intention* of this
paragraph was to not have the camera on the candidate that is not
answering??