MikeG

Default 85 OMC 1.6 L help

Bought the boat about a month ago and it has been running fine. Holds a
plane somewhere around 3500 4000 RPM, Pedal to the metal gets me about
29 MPH, cruise about 20 MPH at 3/4 throttle. I'm a happy camper.

Gassed it up last night, Shell regular and headed out. Engine, under
load, won't exceed 3000 RPM. No load and it rev's up fine. Tried every
trim angle possible. Just ended up burning a lot of gas for no good
results.

Today, Checked plugs and gap, both good, made sure the tank breather was
clear and even tried a run with the gas cap off to make sure there
wasn't a vacuum being created in the fuel line. No jog.

Checked the water separator, no water, pulled the fuel filter and it is
clean. Gas is fresh and so is the oil. Gumout sprayed to clean carb.

At WOT you can feel it momentarily surge up into the power zone but then
it just drops back. Gone as far as I can with the fuel system which was
my leading suspect and am at a loss now.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods