sel1

Default trannies and drives

All,

Is there any out there, or know of someone I could dialog with about tranny
and drive options for the Chrysler 318 engine. My current setup has Dana
drives and they are scarce and parts are expensive. Although a nice diesel
setup would wonderful($$$$), rather than purchase all new engines and drives
(cost), I would like to know if I can a/ put different drives on the current
trannies or b/ do I need to change the trannies to outfit with new drives.
The motors are 1968. Everything works fine now, just planning ahead for the
inevitable.

Greatly appreciate any advice.

trainfan1

sel1 wrote:
All,

Is there any out there, or know of someone I could dialog with about tranny
and drive options for the Chrysler 318 engine. My current setup has Dana
drives and they are scarce and parts are expensive. Although a nice diesel
setup would wonderful($$$$), rather than purchase all new engines and drives
(cost), I would like to know if I can a/ put different drives on the current
trannies or b/ do I need to change the trannies to outfit with new drives.
The motors are 1968. Everything works fine now, just planning ahead for the
inevitable.

Greatly appreciate any advice.

Borg-Warner Velvet Drives were used extensively on Chrysler engines too.
Parts & service are readily available...

Rob