N.L. Eckert

Default OT Olympics

For those that watched the Olympics, here are few bloopers by the
commentators that might give you a chuckle.
==================================

So- how many of these did you hear during the Olympic coverage?
Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far
during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:
1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw
her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."
2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak
from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother
and father."
4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries,and even some deaths
in boxing, but none of them really that serious."
5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we
can expect the same thing again."
6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't
like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the
IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."
8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've
got eleven Dicks on the field."
9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is
that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:29:58 -0400, (N.L. Eckert)
wrote:

[...]

LOL!!!

I like the Boxing one.

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717
John Wentworth

N.L. Eckert wrote:

[...]

Funny, yes. But are you sure that they were actually said by a
commentator in 2004? These have been seen befo
"This is really a lovely horse; I once rode her mother."
(Ted Walsh — Horse Racing Commentator)
"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
(Greg Norman — Golfer)
"Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got 11 Dicks on the field."
(Metro Radio)
"One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that,
before each tee-shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them — Oh
my God, what have I just said?"
(US TV commentator)

Damn, I wish one of these comments had been boating related. Oh well,
I'm guilty as charged. They're still funny.
N.L. Eckert

John wrote:
Damn, I wish one of these comments had been boating related. Oh well,
I'm guilty as charged. They're still funny.

Check out #7, John. I got a chuckle out of the fact that they now call
the "coxswain" the "cox"........