JAXAshby

the octane rating of normal octane, ... is, less than zero.

wtf???

JAXAshby

yo-yo, octane has -- be definition -- an octane rating of 100. check it out.

(modervador)
Date: 9/30/2004 12:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time
(JAXAshby) wrote in message
the octane rating of normal octane, ... is, less than zero.

wtf???

That is correct. Less than zero. Less than the rating assigned to
normal heptane.

I gave you a big hint when I said to look up octane numbers for
"normal octane", "normal heptane" and "iso-octane" (a.k.a.
2,2,4-trimethyl pentane).

Here's another hint (in form of questions): which is better as diesel
fuel, octane or cetane? Which has higher octane number, heptane or
propane? Can we make any generalizations about long vs. short chain
alkanes and their branched isomers?

%mod%

JAXAshby

odor, I ain't gonna check out anything you say. you have already shown
yourself to be a fraud with your ficitional statement that alcohol in small
amounts added to gasoline increases the octane rating by substantial amounts,
and the EPA required gas companies add alcohol to gas because carb's engines
run better at engine startup and thus the EPA saves the ass of automobile
companies once again.

other readers, please note odor's fraud address, the same address as used by a
couple dozen frauds here.

(modervador)
Date: 10/1/2004 8:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time