MontyJ

Default homemade one-man sub for sale

saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2489220926
Short Wave Sportfishing

On 13 Sep 2004 17:16:11 -0700, (MontyJ) wrote:

saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2489220926

Where ae the torpedo tubes?

Or the missle tubes.

Can't have a submarine without torpedos or missles.

Take care.

Tom

"The beatings will stop when morale improves."
E. Teach, 1717
Gary Warner

"MontyJ" wrote in message
om...
saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2489220926

Diving underwater with marine-plywood to keep the water presure out??

Hmmm, each 33 feet of depth is another atmosphere. Atmosphere is
what, 14.7 psi? So 33 feet is 29.4 psi? Wonder how much presure
plywood can take?

(MontyJ) wrote in message . com...
saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2489220926

Looks like it's about to go for around 2 grand - maybe someone is
buying it for their ex's recreation...
Bilgeman

mymailplace shares:

-saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2489220926-

Bilge- That MUST be the sub in Oakland, CA...I saw that last week. Mentioned it
to the gang at muster in the machine shop...we laughed and laughed.

The 1st AE, who's an ex-bubblehead,checked it out on his laptop also, which
started an entire round of jokes about this...thing... we "doinked" on the
monstrosity for the duration of the auction.

Nobody in their right mind is going to submerge in a plywood submarine built
in some goober's garage, less'n their aim is to commit "sub-maritime
suicide"...and let's face it, cinder blocks are lots cheaper.

Proof of the adage:

"Just because it CAN be done does not mean that it SHOULD be done"

G'luck;

Mutiny is a Management Tool
Select Your Tattoo while Sober

Harry Krause

Don ßćiley wrote:
Wouldn't this death trap need some certification/registration?

db

"MontyJ" wrote in message
om...
saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2489220926

A perfect conveyance for Bush and Cheney, our friendly neighborhood
chicken****hawks.

--
Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
And don't forget to pay your taxes so the rich don't have to!

Netsock

"Don ßćiley" wrote in message
Wouldn't this death trap need some certification/registration?

db

Good point.

I have licensed home-built boats before with the water cops, but they really
don't care much about the construction. They are more interested in you
having all the required safety equipment.

I knew one kid who rigged up this home-built boat, with a crappy pulley
system, so he could steer the outboard motor from the front. He used duct
tape, coat hangers, dog rollers...it was a mess, but the marine inspectors
oked him, since he had all the safety requirements.

Sorta scary actually...

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/