Calif Bill

You are so full of ****, that you must sneeze brown stuff. How can
Mavericks get 60'+ swells when the reef is only 45' deep average?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
bill, go away. you have more b/s stories than hoary.

Subject: 36 foot waves forecasted for Florida western panhandle, but
Saturday looks good.
From: (LaBomba182)
Date: 9/15/2004 10:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Saturday looks good.
From: "Calif Bill"

Dang, tell the Quicksilver people that Mavericks can never get 60'

swells.
The reef is only 45' deep.

At this point, once again, the Emperor has been shown not to have any
clothing.

And it's not a pretty sight.

Capt. Bill

John Gaquin

"JAXAshby" wrote in message

but wait a minute! I thought "close" only counted in horseshoes and

H-bombs.

Don't forget hand grenades.

Karl Denninger

It is?

The buoy ~60 miles south of Dauphin Island reported a 52' wave a few hours
before Ivan got here. That was just before it went offline for a while

It had been reporting ~40 footers for a couple of hours prior.

WE took 10-12' breakers ON THE BAY. That was due to the barrier island
breaching, which meant we took GULF seas - after they came through the
breach - and they were still 10-12s when they got to me.

Destin's Holiday Isle (directly on the gulf) is believed to have taken 20+'
seas. Its trashed, the base elevation is 6-8', the homes are on stilts
(the garage is typically "blow out" designed and sacrificial) and from
reports (people have not been let back on yet) many if not most of the
homes flooded ANYWAY.

Destin, by the way, is close to 80 miles east of where Ivan came in.
Perdido and Dauphin Island took it in the face and huge parts of both are
basically gone.

I have the only standing dock on the north side of the bay west of the Mid
Bay Bridge - I lost a grand total of ONE covering board. That's the
difference between proper engineering and slipshod crap throw-it-together
work.

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
http://genesis3.blogspot.com Musings Of A Sentient Mind

In article ,
Wayne B wrote:

Go argue with the navy, it's their forecast.

(JAXAshby) wrote in message
they _may_ forecast 36 foot waves in the Fla panhandle, but the water is
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaay to shallow to support 36 foots for hundreds of miles away from the Fla
panhandle.

check your specs, dude. you have been had.

From: Wayne.B
Date: 9/13/2004 1:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time
https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/PUBLIC/WAM/all_natl.html

See the 72 hour forecast chart (Wednesday).

It will not be nice in Niceville. This might be a good time for a
fishing trip to Texas or up the Mississippi River.

Meanwhile we are all breathing a big sigh of relief down here in SWFL.