BoatBanter.com

-   -   Fair price for winter storage? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/22518-fair-price-winter-storage.html)

Nut4NASCAR September 8th 04 11:19 PM

Fair price for winter storage?

Hi...just recently got a 27' boat and was wondering what a "fair" price is for
winter storage?

Thanks!

bomar September 8th 04 11:27 PM

That is way to open ended to answer....

Covered?
Indoor?
Concrete floor?
Heated?
Winter Access?
Secure?
Private bay?

Nut4NASCAR September 8th 04 11:56 PM

Sorry...outdoor on a rack and covered.

Thank you

Nut4NASCAR September 9th 04 01:13 AM

If you want it on a rack in a marina that's busy, $300-$400 a month might be
more like it.

John, thanks for your honest answer without the sarcasm. I appreciate it.

I'm a new boater that thought I would ask people that know. I read this group
often but never post. I think I know why.

Again, thanks a lot. Take care.

bomar September 9th 04 01:47 AM

"Nut4NASCAR" wrote in message
If you want it on a rack in a marina that's busy, $300-$400 a month might

be
more like it.

John, thanks for your honest answer without the sarcasm. I appreciate it.

I'm a new boater that thought I would ask people that know. I read this

group
often but never post. I think I know why.

Again, thanks a lot. Take care.

You post this acerbic response to our posts, but fail to see the fact that
you didn't ever really give enough info (which was asked for at the onset)
to really answer your question.
The Internet is a big world, and few of us are mind readers....so how in the
hell were we supposed to guess what it was you were thinking about when you
made the initial post?

P. Fritz September 9th 04 03:42 AM

"JohnH" wrote in message
On 08 Sep 2004 22:19:36 GMT, oaway (Nut4NASCAR)

wrote:

Hi...just recently got a 27' boat and was wondering what a "fair" price

is for
winter storage?

Thanks!

Yeah, answer all 'bomar's' questions. If you're just looking to leave it

on a
trailer in a marina with lot's of room, you might get by with $50-$100

bucks a
month.

If you want it on a rack in a marina that's busy, $300-$400 a month

might be
more like it.

If you're talking the Annapolis area, it's big bucks compared to a place

like
Breezy Point.

My marina charges $2.60 a s.f. for winter storage...includes hoisting,
shoring and spring launch.....it's sister marina that is a bit mroe remote
charges $1.60 s.f both in the Lake St. Clair area in Mich.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

FRANKWBELL September 9th 04 05:13 PM

In article , JohnH
writes:

Yeah, answer all 'bomar's' questions. If you're just looking to leave it on a
trailer in a marina with lot's of room, you might get by with $50-$100 bucks
month.

The last few years, Short's Marine in Delaware has offered that for $50 for the
whole winter.

Frank Bell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. Top Posting.

Short Wave Sportfishing September 9th 04 06:08 PM

On 09 Sep 2004 16:13:36 GMT, ost (FRANKWBELL)
wrote:

~~ snippity do da ~~

Frank Bell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. Top Posting.

Not only is Frank right, it's pretty funny!!!! :)

Later,

Tom

RGrew176 September 15th 04 02:44 AM

From: oaway

Hi...just recently got a 27' boat and was wondering what a "fair" price is
for
winter storage?

Thanks!

I will be paying $790.00 for my inside winter rack storage in Michigan. I have
a 30' boat with an 11' beam.