riverman

Default Shanghai

Any rbp-ers been there lately (like, since the late 90s?) Moving there next
year for 3-5 years is a possibility, but I'd want to know if there was
access to any boating or camping...I suppose I'd have to plan to get out to
somewhere else, as my imaginings of China is of endless urban sprawl and
polluted rivers, with no access. Can anyone provide any more insights?

--riverman

Richard Adams

I left in 97, and Shnaghai was a megalopolis that spread out hundreds of
miles in every direction. There is a wonderful river near Wenzhou, the
Nanxijiang, and inland is Qiandao Hu, Thousand Island lake, which has a
sunken city you can dive onto. Both are obviously pretty far.
"riverman" wrote in message
Any rbp-ers been there lately (like, since the late 90s?) Moving there

next
year for 3-5 years is a possibility, but I'd want to know if there was
access to any boating or camping...I suppose I'd have to plan to get out

somewhere else, as my imaginings of China is of endless urban sprawl and
polluted rivers, with no access. Can anyone provide any more insights?

--riverman

Mark Murray

Any rbp-ers been there lately (like, since the late 90s?) Moving there

next
year for 3-5 years is a possibility, but I'd want to know if there was
access to any boating or camping...I

There's this place:

http://www.qpdragonboat.com/e-saichang.asp

--