bb

Default OT Is the nation drunk?

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:32:46 -0400, JohnH
wrote:

I agree with the idea of allowing UN folks to accompany those who are too damn
stupid to vote properly.

John H

So people who were unjustifiably put on a fellons list, and those that
were denied access to voting places by police road blocks are too damn
stupid to vote now? Nice rationalization, JohnH.

bb
NOYB

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

And how hard should we guffaw while we note that, as Kerry was
volunteering in Vietnam

Sorry, but Kerry applied to the draft board for a deferment to study in
Paris. When he was turned down, he enlisted in the Navy, with the idea that
he'd be on a ship at sea somewhere and never have go to Vietnam.

bb

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:27:08 -0400, JohnH
wrote:

I agree with the idea of allowing UN folks to accompany those who are too damn
stupid to vote properly.

John H

So people who were unjustifiably put on a fellons list, and those that
were denied access to voting places by police road blocks are too damn
stupid to vote now? Nice rationalization, JohnH.

bb

Did I say all that?

You certainly implied that. The UN is being asked to oversee the
elections because many voters were denied their right to vote. The
issues inFlorida go far beyond voters making mistakes on confusing
ballots. As an American I would think you would be outraged anyone
was denied their legal vote, but it would appear you find it
justifiable because it benefits "your" guy.

bb

John Gaquin

"bb" wrote in message

You certainly implied that.

Or, maybe you inferred it.

The UN was asked to oversee the elections by a small group of Democrat
Congressmen because, they claim, some voters were allegedly denied their
right to vote.

Congresspersons have no authority to request such action from the UN. Only
the US State Dept can make such a request. The election monitoring that
will take place is ancillary to a treaty entered into several years ago by
numerous international signatories, and the monitors have, in fact, been
present at several local and regional elections in the US since that time.
The requested monitoring at this time is part and parcel of a DNC strategy
to try to "fail-safe" the election. The DNC reportedly has some 6000
lawyers ready to observe polling places nationwide, and react with legal
maneuvering to any "irregularities" they may see. You can bet that there
will be no irregularities in locales where exit polling indicates a strong
Kerry lead. In other locations, it will only take a few dozen of these
mercenaries to tie the election up in various courtrooms.

P. Fritz

wrote:

I agree with the idea of allowing UN folks to accompany those who are

too damn
stupid to vote properly.

John H

So people who were unjustifiably put on a fellons list, and those that
were denied access to voting places by police road blocks are too damn
stupid to vote now? Nice rationalization, JohnH.

bb

Did I say all that?

No. soebody has been slurping the kerry kool-aid though

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

jim--

wrote:

I agree with the idea of allowing UN folks to accompany those who are
too damn
stupid to vote properly.

John H

So people who were unjustifiably put on a fellons list, and those that
were denied access to voting places by police road blocks are too damn
stupid to vote now? Nice rationalization, JohnH.

bb

Did I say all that?

You certainly implied that. The UN is being asked to oversee the
elections because many voters were denied their right to vote. The
issues inFlorida go far beyond voters making mistakes on confusing
ballots. As an American I would think you would be outraged anyone
was denied their legal vote, but it would appear you find it
justifiable because it benefits "your" guy.

bb

I don't see how blocking the absentee ballot vote (by the Dems) by overseas
military personnel in 11/2000 befitted GWB.

And as an American I was certainly outraged over that.

basskisser

"Comcast News" wrote in message news:2rJXc.55086$9d6.30566@attbi_s54...
I am glad you are back to cut and pasting articles, it is something you are
much better at, than trying to discuss anything coherently.

PS - Did I tell you that cut and pasting is a violation of the copyright
laws and is stealing intellectual property. ; )

Did I tell you, you are stupid?
basskisser

"P.Fritz" wrote in message ...
"Comcast News" wrote in message
I am glad you are back to cut and pasting articles, it is something you

are
much better at, than trying to discuss anything coherently.

PS - Did I tell you that cut and pasting is a violation of the copyright
laws and is stealing intellectual property. ; )

yeah....but mark morford is anything but intellectual :-)

Tell me, what do you know of him? Why would you say he's anything but
intellectual? Oh, I know, because you don't agree with him!!!!!
Man, you are one stupid person....
basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

And how hard should we guffaw while we note that, as Kerry was
volunteering in Vietnam

Sorry, but Kerry applied to the draft board for a deferment to study in
Paris. When he was turned down, he enlisted in the Navy, with the idea that
he'd be on a ship at sea somewhere and never have go to Vietnam.

Have any proof of that?