Slawek

Default Inflatable Boat - Lakes in Chicagoland

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?
J K

I'm answering a question that you did not ask -- Nevertheless,

from what I've seen of electric troll motors trying to beat against wind:

motor 0
wind 1

J K

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?

Slawek

I know there are restrictions for using inflatables. For example in
Cook County you cannot use any inflatable boats, kayaks or canoes. In
DuPage County probably the boat has to have a floorboard. Isn't that
strange they sell the inflatables, you have to register them but you
cannot use them???

noah wrote in message . ..
On 18 Jul 2003 20:59:10 -0700, (Slawek) wrote:

Q wrote in message . ..
On 18 Jul 2003 10:41:57 -0700,
(Slawek) wrote:

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?

Size? Power? Need more info...

The boat is 9'2" long. I have 1 HP 12V electric trolling motor and a
plywood floorboard. Weight capacity: 700 lbs. The boat is certified by
the National Marine Manufacturer's Assn.

I am not aware of legal restrictions for inflatables. It sounds like
it could be a lot of fun, and a good entry level boat. Just remember
that you are the "little guy" out there, and always put "safety
first". Make sure that you have CG Type IV (wearable) life jackets
on, and have a good time.

I'm not from the Chicago area, so I can't help with the lakes/rivers
question. Do a Google search for "boat launch Chicago", or something
similar. You should find what you are looking for.
Good luck.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

Slawek

I was going to use the boat and the electric troll motors for
recreational use only and I also have a set of oars. I am just looking
for some good lakes around Chicago I could take my inflatable boat.

J K wrote in message .198...
I'm answering a question that you did not ask -- Nevertheless,

from what I've seen of electric troll motors trying to beat against wind:

motor 0
wind 1

J K

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?

Wayne.B

Inflatables row very poorly, especially against the wind. The
cautionary note on the 1 hp electric is worth repeating, inflatables
present a lot of surface area to the wind and require a decent amount
of power to move them in any kind of sea condition or adverse breeze.

My recommendation would be small ponds or protected harbors only.

J K wrote in message .198...
I'm answering a question that you did not ask -- Nevertheless,

from what I've seen of electric troll motors trying to beat against wind:

motor 0
wind 1

J K

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?

Seahawk 500 inflatable questions noah General 5 July 22nd 03 09:09 PM
The 4th and boating.Lake Oroville. basskisser General 9 July 14th 03 06:24 PM
Boat illegally docked? Chuck Tribolet General 5 July 11th 03 10:52 PM
Boat looses plane? ReevesJ32 General 4 July 11th 03 12:29 AM
Composite flooring on pontoon boat? Calif Bill General 3 July 1st 03 03:42 AM