Gould 0738

Default Marine business opportunity, and goodbye Willard

One of the "casualties" associated with the war on terror is the pleasure boat
production at Willard Marine. Willard is one of the larger producers of small
FRP boats for the military. (life boats, patrol boats, etc).

The recent surge in demand for military vessels has prompted Willard to
permanently withdraw from the production of private yachts.

Too bad, their boats were very high quality. One of the few pleasure builders
routinely building to mil specs.

Willard is looking for buyers for the Willard 30 pilothouse and flybridge sedan
tooling, as well as the Willard 40 Pilothouse and Flybridge Sedan. (The Willard
40 pilothouse has been one of the boats I would seriously consider as an
eventual replacement for our current vessel).

Anybody who wants to make $50 million bucks in the pleasure boat building
business... (start with $100 million and get out fast)....could probably pick
up the tooling for a reasonable price. I can furnish the phone number of the
party repping the tooling and molds for Willard.

Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

[...]

Now that's sad news. I wonder how much longer Bush will be able to pay
off his buddies in the defense contracting industry as we re-arm
ourselves against enemies that cannot be beaten by standard military
forces and outdated thinking.

What happend when the next group of dedicated terrorists kills a few
thousand Americans over here? Will the Bush-shippers claim we haven't
been spending enough, or will the voters finally realize that the Bush
approach to "homeland security" is nothing more than an oxymoron?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Messing In Boats

You can never under-estimate the stupidity of the U.S. voter.

Capt. Jeff