BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT- eBay fraud letter..... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2168-ot-ebay-fraud-letter.html)

Gene Kearns November 26th 03 11:18 PM

OT- eBay fraud letter.....

Since eBay gets mentioned here quite often, I'll give everybody a
heads up.

I got an email yesterday purporting to be from eBay. It said that my
information with them had become inaccurate or outdated and that my
buying and/or selling privileges would be suspend within 5 days if I
didn't respond. I checked to see what this was about and it is a VERY
eBayish looking website in Ecuador. They quote terms of service and
agreement terms, but the amount and nature of information they
requested caused me to doubt the site.

It is a fraudulent site seeking to secure any and all information from
uses with respect to passwords, bank information, and a lot of other
info.

If you receive one of these, don't respond to any questions and
forward the URL on to

Florida Keyz November 27th 03 02:26 AM

OT- eBay fraud letter.....

duh!

Gene Kearns November 27th 03 04:09 PM

OT- eBay fraud letter.....

On 27 Nov 2003 02:26:13 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

duh!

Duh, what. Trust me, that site looked real enough to fool a lot of
people.... the url even looked like it went to ebay.com. Many people,
involved in a hot auction, will knee-jerk first and think about
security concerns next.... too late. Then too, not everybody has the
necessary software or know-how to trace the perp back to their
computer and verify they were bogus. Apparently, they have bolted or
eBay has already shut them down.

LaBomba182 November 29th 03 08:12 PM

OT- eBay fraud letter.....

Subject: OT- eBay fraud letter.....
From: Gene Kearns

On 27 Nov 2003 02:26:13 GMT, (Florida Keyz) wrote:

duh!

Duh, what. Trust me, that site looked real enough to fool a lot of
people.... the url even looked like it went to ebay.com. Many people,
involved in a hot auction, will knee-jerk first and think about
security concerns next.... too late. Then too, not everybody has the
necessary software or know-how to trace the perp back to their
computer and verify they were bogus. Apparently, they have bolted or
eBay has already shut them down.

Double duh!

Capt. Bill

Gene Kearns November 30th 03 02:21 AM

OT- eBay fraud letter.....

From: Gene Kearns

On 27 Nov 2003 02:26:13 GMT,
(Florida Keyz) wrote:

duh!

Duh, what. Trust me, that site looked real enough to fool a lot of
people.... the url even looked like it went to ebay.com. Many people,
involved in a hot auction, will knee-jerk first and think about
security concerns next.... too late. Then too, not everybody has the
necessary software or know-how to trace the perp back to their
computer and verify they were bogus. Apparently, they have bolted or
eBay has already shut them down.

Double duh!

Capt. Bill

Ok, bite me, you guys. eBay cared......

If I'm not appreciated here I'll just go east some leftover turkey....

Oh.....Oh......I sure some of you will interpret that as
cannibalism.... but I didn't mean it that way, really....

please pass the dressing....