Calif Bill

Default U.S. debt spinning out of control

Yes, this administration is spending too much. But since there was a
recession starting when this administration took office, and we had a major
terror attack, I would say that the national debt should go up some. But
where were the complaints during the good times since Viet Nam and the Cold
War ended and the "Peace Dividend" and the National Debt was escalating
also. Clinton overspent the first 2 years of his administration and would
have done it for the next 6 years also. But the one good thing about that
time was the Newt Gingrich "Contract With America" and the new members
(Republican) of Congress stopped the over spending for at least 2 years.
The rest of the balanced budget was smoke and mirrors. The new Medicare
Bill is theft in the extreme from our children and grandchildren. I am 5
years from Medicare, and I will get some of the benefits, but at what cost?
Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Or you think the debt
has *only* increased by 3/4 trillion this year?

As of about 60 days ago, it had *only* increased a half trillion in the
previous year.

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62
09/30/2002 $6,228,235,965,597.16

This magnanimous effort by the U.S. to rid the world of terrorism and the
efforts they do for world relief of starvation and disease, these efforts
should not be on the backs of the U.S. taxpayers.

We knew full well when we launched our last military adventure into Iraq

that
the overwhelming majority of the world, most of
our allies, and the major portion of the UN opposed the idea. Why do we

expect
them to step in now and pick up the cost?

DSK

Calif Bill wrote:

Yes, this administration is spending too much.

Agreed.

But since there was a
recession starting when this administration took office, and we had a major
terror attack, I would say that the national debt should go up some.

Agreed again, but only in basic principle. The debt undertaken by the current
gov't is not in any way for the benefit of us citizens.

...But the one good thing about that
time was the Newt Gingrich "Contract With America" and the new members
(Republican) of Congress stopped the over spending for at least 2 years.

You need a memory recharge. Not one single provision of the "Contract With
America" was ever fulfilled. Not one... it was all a big lie.

The rest of the balanced budget was smoke and mirrors.

As compared to the "Contract With America"? Yeah sure.

Gov't debt went down, gov't income went up. The same accounting methods used to
calculate the current deficit shows the budget balanced then. Is either 100%
correct? Why worry about it, the gov't budget is not like balancing a checkbook.
If you don't believe the ends actually met, then you still can't deny that they
were a lot closer together. And yeah, the Republican Congress had a lot to do
with it....

The new Medicare
Bill is theft in the extreme from our children and grandchildren.

I don't have any children, but I agree in principle.

I cannot understand how an administration that labels itself "conservative" can
support these kinds of shenanigans.

DSK

thunder

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 07:40:08 -0500, DSK wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Or these shenanigans:

http://www.ncpa.org/iss/bud/2003/pd091203e.html
basskisser

" Tuuk" wrote in message ...
750 billion? not a proper figure, someone misprinted. Unless they were
suggesting that the debt will only rise by that much. The U.S. is near 6.5
trillion now, they just spent 3/4 of a trillion dollars on their stimulus
package. Obvious this article is way off track, for them to blame or even
mention what Bush administration breaks or incentives while mentioning the
debt shows personal and ignorance in the context. Inaccurate article,
wouldn't read another by this author, those who follow this guy are puppets.

Instead of being a Bush puppet, may I suggest that you think about
what you read before you make remarks saying that it is "ignorant"?
You aren't understanding what has been given to you, yet you call the
reporter ignorant??

Troll Master Throttle Control for Outboard Mark Mecham General 0 November 1st 03 04:41 PM
Boat lift control. Alan Hannas General 5 October 16th 03 03:56 AM
Consumer debt grew in July - The recklessness persists [email protected] General 6 September 9th 03 02:36 AM
Marmac Control Parts Pete Beltramo General 0 July 30th 03 12:39 AM