JDavis1277

Default How Would You Rate This Boat Dealer???

I've always hated it when people pay good money to have someone with a lot of
expertise do something for them.... and then do it the way they wanted in the
first place. Government is full of that sort of thing. I think they often buy
consultant services simply to validate what they intended to do from the start.
Provides a little cover, don't you know.

I guess the smart way to deal with that is to find out what they want validated
and simply provide the desired recommendation. Trouble is it's often difficult
to reconcile providing advice contrary to what you believe the truth to be.

Butch

Harry wrote: Yeah, I know where that is. I met Richard about a year before
that move.
The place was in smaller facilities right off the Beltway in Fairfax. I
wrote a couple of direct mail pieces for him. He was kinda tight with
the buck and he'd only meet late in the afternoon or early evening,
habits that didn't endear him to me. Also, he liked to get involved in
lots of rewrite.

Harry Krause

JDavis1277 wrote:
[...]

The weird thing was that we could never test whose ads and brochures
were a better draw, because he'd never want to pay enough for decent
production or placement or ad size. Oh well, it was his company.

--
Email sent to is never read.