NOYB

Default OT--If you're Kerry, this *can't* be good.

Poll: No boost for Kerry after convention
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON - The Democratic National Convention boosted voters' perceptions
of John Kerry's leadership on critical issues, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll
finds. But it failed to give him the expected bump in the head-to-head race
against President Bush.
In the survey, taken Friday and Saturday, the Democratic ticket of Kerry and
John Edwards trailed the Republican ticket of Bush and Dick Cheney 50% to
46% among likely voters, with independent candidate Ralph Nader at 2%.

Before the convention, the two were essentially tied, with Kerry at 47%,
Bush at 46%.

The change in support was within the poll's margin of error of +/- 4
percentage points in the sample of 763 likely voters. But it was nonetheless
a stunning result, the first time in the Gallup Poll since the 1972
Democratic convention that a candidate seemed to lose ground at his
convention.

No wonder Kerry was running neck and neck with Bush for the past 3 months.
Before the convention, nobody knew who he was. Now that they know, he's
doomed. He was more attractive as an "anybody but Bush" candidate.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

Poll: No boost for Kerry after convention
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON - The Democratic National Convention boosted voters' perceptions
of John Kerry's leadership on critical issues, a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll
finds. But it failed to give him the expected bump in the head-to-head race
against President Bush.
In the survey, taken Friday and Saturday, the Democratic ticket of Kerry and
John Edwards trailed the Republican ticket of Bush and Dick Cheney 50% to
46% among likely voters, with independent candidate Ralph Nader at 2%.

As most voters already have decided, no one in the Democratic Party
expected a bump of more than five points. Expectations for a bigger bump
was GOP and media smoke, nothing more. These national polls are mildly
interesting, but I'm watching the state polls.

Remember, if Bush loses ONE serious state he carried or was given in
2000, and if Kerry holds all the Gore states, Bush loses. And all the
state polls show Kerry leading in EC votes.

Them's all that seem to matter, eh?

--
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

[...]

No matter how many times you repeat it, it still doesn't become the truth:
Arkansas wasn't *given* to Bush...Gore lost it.

Gould 0738

NOYB........

I know for a fact your eyes *must* be brown.

You pick one poll, interpreted by some rightwing spin sheet, and cackle with
glee.

Here's a couple more for ya

Presidential Tracking Poll: Bush-Kerry

Updated Daily by Noon Eastern Election 2004

Presidential Ballot

Bush 45%
Kerry 49%
Other 3%
Not Sure 4%
RasmussenReports.com

------

Rasmussen Reports Home
------

------
Sunday August 01, 2004--The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential
Tracking Poll shows Senator John Kerry with 49% of the vote and President
George W. Bush with 45%. The Tracking Poll is updated daily by noon Eastern.

These results reflect a 4-point "bounce" for Kerry from the Democratic national
convention. Last Monday morning, just before the convention began, Kerry and
Bush were tied at 46% each.

This is also just the second day in nearly 150 days of polling that either
candidate has moved above 48% in the daily Presidential Tracking Poll. The only
other time this happened was shortly after Kerry announced North Carolina
Senator John Edwards as his running mate. Other than that, both Bush and Kerry
have remained within 3 percentage points of 45% on every single day of polling.

**************************************

I'm convinced you guys are going to take it again, because the GOP has
publicly announced that its convention is going to be dedicated to "turning
John Kerry into an object of humor and derision".

There are far more stupid people around than smart ones, and most of those dim
bulbs respond to and repeat hateful messages very easily.

But good job. You guys have the WH for four years, and you already know the
only thing you'll have to talk about is what a jerk you believe your opponent
to be.

When that tactic carries the day for you in November, it will be a sad comment
on who you people are as well as what our nation is becoming.

NOYB

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
NOYB........

I know for a fact your eyes *must* be brown.

Good guess. However, 73% of the World's population has brown eyes...so you
weren't really going out on a limb there.

You pick one poll, interpreted by some rightwing spin sheet, and cackle

with
glee.

The CNN/Gallup poll had Kerry up 2 points before the Convention...and down 4
points after the Convention. It doesn't take a "rightwing spin sheet" to
see that this is very bad news for Kerry. It also doesn't take any spin to
factually state that no Democratic candidate since 1972 has slipped in the
polls following their convention.

Here's a couple more for ya

Presidential Tracking Poll: Bush-Kerry

Updated Daily by Noon Eastern Election 2004

Presidential Ballot

Bush 45%
Kerry 49%
Other 3%
Not Sure 4%
RasmussenReports.com

------

Rasmussen Reports Home
------

------
Sunday August 01, 2004--The latest Rasmussen Reports Presidential
Tracking Poll shows Senator John Kerry with 49% of the vote and President
George W. Bush with 45%. The Tracking Poll is updated daily by noon

Eastern.

These results reflect a 4-point "bounce" for Kerry from the Democratic

national
convention.

You're just further supporting my statement that no good news for Kerry came
out in the recent polls. According to the Rasmussen Poll, a 4 point bounce
is the smallest post-Convention bounce a candidate has ever received in
their poll .

[...]

Give me a break. Kerry and the Democrats spent more than a *year* bashing
Bush...dating back to the primaries campaign trail. After a year of
Bush-bashing, it became clear to Democratic pollsters that bashing a
"popular" incumbent was counter-productive. The only reason the Dems have
called for a "truce" is because they don't have the money tha Bush does to
spend in August on negative ads. Once the Republican Convention is over,
watch Kerry, et al, begin the negative campaining again. They'll claim that
they took the high road, but that Republican negative ads "forced" them to
start going negative again.

Gould 0738

Once the Republican Convention is over,
watch Kerry, et al, begin the negative campaining again. They'll claim that
they took the high road, but that Republican negative ads "forced" them to
start going negative again.

Well at least we seem to agree the Repub Convention will be most likely
negative in tone and that fear, hate, and slander are the most effective tools
in the conservative arsenal, even after four mixed-reviews years in office.

I'd love to see you guys get dirty as heck while the D's continue on the high
road.
I'd love to see the electorate hand you your
butts in November as a result......but I don't realistically expect to. :-(

jim--

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Once the Republican Convention is over,
watch Kerry, et al, begin the negati

vecampainingagain.They'llclaimthat
they took the high road, but that Republican negative ads "forced" them

start going negative again.

Well at least we seem to agree the Repub Convention will be most likely
negative in tone and that fear, hate, and slander are the most effective

tools
in the conservative arsenal, even after four mixed-reviews years in

office.

I'd love to see you guys get dirty as heck while the D's continue on the

high
road.
I'd love to see the electorate hand you your
butts in November as a result......but I don't realistically expect to.

:-(

Kerry has been attacking Bush since the convention was over on Thursday.

Did you catch Maureen Dowd's column today? She really laid into Kerry and
his antics during the convention. Her closing remarks are funny:

"Given that the Kerry convention featured a skipper brave and sure, a first
mate who makes others comfortable, a millionaire called "Lovey" by her
spouse, two pretty young Kerry castaways and a movie star (the ubiquitously
annoying Ben Affleck). I suppose we should be grateful that Camp Kerry
didn't introduce the nominee with the "Gilligan's Island" theme song."

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...."

That convention and his overplay of his 3 months in 'Nam have already
started to come back to bite him.

Bert Robbins

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Once the Republican Convention is over,
watch Kerry, et al, begin the negative campaining again. They'll claim

that
they took the high road, but that Republican negative ads "forced" them

start going negative again.

Well at least we seem to agree the Repub Convention will be most likely
negative in tone and that fear, hate, and slander are the most effective

tools
in the conservative arsenal, even after four mixed-reviews years in

office.

I'd love to see you guys get dirty as heck while the D's continue on the

high
road.
I'd love to see the electorate hand you your
butts in November as a result......but I don't realistically expect to.

:-(

Just what is negative campaigning?

Pointing of that your opponent is not, in your opinion, up to the job
because he lacks this or that is just drawing a distinction between you and
your opponent.

Gould 0738

Just what is negative campaigning?

Pointing of that your opponent is not, in your opinion, up to the job
because he lacks this or that is just drawing a distinction between you and
your opponent.

Lying about your opponents record, or presenting facts so chery picked from
context and distorted that they constitute a lie, is negative campaigning.

Dave Hall

On 02 Aug 2004 18:49:17 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Once the Republican Convention is over,
watch Kerry, et al, begin the negative campaining again. They'll claim that
they took the high road, but that Republican negative ads "forced" them to
start going negative again.

Well at least we seem to agree the Repub Convention will be most likely
negative in tone and that fear, hate, and slander are the most effective tools
in the conservative arsenal, even after four mixed-reviews years in office.

C'mon Chuck, can you be intellectually honest for a bit here? Hate?
Surely you jest. Just how has the republican party promoted hate?
Republicans are not the ones trying to pit rich against poor,
minorities against whites, seniors against working people etc. Fear?
A healthy fear of terrorism is a responsible thing to have at this
point. Slander? Please! Just when have the republicans slandered
anyone that wasn't a reaction to slander barbs being thrown at them
from their opposition? Listen to Dean's latest mind fart where he
accuses Bush of "possibly" promoting the increased terror alerts for
political gain. Or listen to any of Al Gore's recent speeches, Teddy
Kennedy's or Hillary's rants, and you'll see slander in its defining
moments. About the only one who hasn't engaged in slander lately is
Kerry himself for conspicuously obvious reasons. I'm sure his tongue
has some very deep teeth marks in it.

I'd love to see you guys get dirty as heck while the D's continue on the high
road.

The democrats have no high road. They have nothing to offer. The only
thing they can do is contrast themselves against the republicans. And
they can't do that effectively without denigrating them.

Dave