BoatBanter.com

-   -   1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/2042-1hr-engine-how-much-winterizing-needed.html)

David Ditch November 15th 03 03:09 AM

1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed

For a new boat with 1 hour on the engine, does it need winterizing?

David

Harry Krause November 15th 03 03:12 AM

David Ditch wrote:
For a new boat with 1 hour on the engine, does it need winterizing?

David

If you have winter, it does. Do you have winter?

--
Email sent to is never read.

David Ditch November 15th 03 03:16 AM

1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed

Annapolis, MD, Yes
Does it matter if it has no time on it or it just a matter of it being cold
?

David

noah November 15th 03 04:35 AM

1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:16:26 -0500, "David Ditch"
wrote:

Annapolis, MD, Yes

Yup. If you can afford it, have your dealer winterize it. If not,
follow the draining and winterizing procedures in your manual. Don't
miss a step.

Ice can be very expensive. :o(

David Ditch wrote:
For a new boat with 1 hour on the engine, does it need winterizing?

David

If you have winter, it does. Do you have winter?

--
Email sent to is never read.

Regards,
noah

To email me, remove the "OT-" from wrecked.ot-boats.noah.
....as you were. :o)

Wayne.B November 15th 03 05:12 AM

wrote:

Does it matter if it has no time on it or it just a matter of it being cold
?

David, with all due respect the question speaks volumes about your
inexperience. Have the engine (and the rest of the boat systems)
professionally winterized before you incur some serious freeze damage.

K Smith November 15th 03 06:48 AM

David Ditch wrote:

For a new boat with 1 hour on the engine, does it need winterizing?

David

If you have winter, it does. Do you have winter?

--
Email sent to is never read.

As soon as you run it even for a minute, any & all anti-freeze will be
replaced with raw water, which will then stay in the cooling system to
freeze & do damage. So it will need a full winterisation.

Capt. Frank Hopkins November 15th 03 02:47 PM

1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed

Hi David.

Your new boat needs more care then a bit older model because the engine
is not "broken in." If you will post technical specs, I would be happy
to send you some pointers.

You may find some useful info on my website.

Capt. Frank USCG-A

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks

David Ditch November 19th 03 01:00 AM

1hr on engine, how much winterizing needed

Thanks for all the advice guys. Boats professionally winterized and
shrinkwrapped.