The new guy

Default trucking

I have a trucking company and everyone that i talk to that is in this line
of bussines is not happy. We have to deal with a ton of rules and
regulations (DOT, MTO, 48 States, 10 Provinces each one with their own
rules), stupid overpaid drivers (making $13-15 hundreed per week in their
pocket), wrecking your equipment, frying loads or tipping over trailer,
insurance companies ripping our shirts off (I pay about 15'000.00 per truck
per year, that's like 12-13 hundreed per month! and if you have a claim you
get kicked out! I'm a small company (5 trucks), the company is worth about
$600'000.00, with this kind of dough invested i make enough to pay all the
leaches out there (ripoff repairs-last year an engine cost me 22'000.00$;
tires at 300-600$ a pop; loans; insurance $6300.00 per month;
drivers-$24'000.00) so every month i make what? like $90'000.00, this is
ninety thousand dollars per month!!!, Now, I don't drink, I don't do drugs,
I don't drive a fancy car, I have 6 other people helping me with the
operations of the company, they don't steal from me (I know for sure as I
get paid with cheques and the accounting is independent-ha! another gi a
month! f....ing leach!).
My credit cards are maxed out all the time (I have an outstanding credit,
but f...ing stressfull), my bank account is constantly dry: 90 in 90 out...
What is that I am doing wrong?
I have my own mechanic (it saves me around 10 gis a month in road repairs as
oposed to previous years, and I have a good maintenace program)
Got my own warehouse (pays for itself) but I lease (can't come up with the
fricking down payment!)
I fired 4 employees last year to cut on salaries (now, the ones that are
left have more to do, so they have a full 8 hr days, so what?!, pay them
more...still saves me couple of gi's a week)
So why I can't get out of debt ( $400'000.00 and counting)?
If I sell my equipment I will pay off only part of what I owe and probably
end up with a debt of 50-60 grand (because the equipment is already
depreciated), at least now I have some cash flow...
Does anybody know what is there to do? Any good busines ideas, I don't
know...like a restaurant or a massage parlour...anything, just something.

The New Guy

Bill Sheffield

Sure, That is easy, just get into a business that has No rent, No insurance,
No employees, limited inventory! One that allows you to work when you want,
where you want, with who you want. One that pays you for your efforts and
has unlimited income potential. And Yes there is such a deal! If you would
like to know more, email me.

Bill Sheffield

Doug Kanter

How about eliminating routes which are unprofitable or where regulatory fees
are too high? What about working with a truck broker who can keep you away
from delivery points where they waste your drivers' time with appointments
they don't honor?

Rick

Lawrence James wrote:
What does thisi have to do with boating??????????

"The new guy" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...

[...]

What does most of the BS on this newsgroup have to do with boating???

Jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

rick

Harry Krause

Paul Garcia wrote:
Is this a boating newsgroup?

Why would the answer be something that concerns you? Are you planning to
make an on-topic contribution here?

--
Email sent to is never read.

The new guy

Most of you guys asked what this has to do with boating. I guess nothing....
I can tell you: sadly enough, I was out last year to buy my self a boat.
Looking for something big and comfy, where I could take my whole family.
Maybe spend around 20 thousand...well, it still a dream....
I figure that people that own boats must be ok financially, so I thought to
my self, let me put this ad in this group and perhaps someone will come up
with an idea or share a success story or give some advise.
Thank you Doug Kanter for your advise, and belive me that I have done that
already, most truckers get on price to go and a different one to come back,
my trucks go and come back for the same price. Before the loads are booked
it is understood that detention time will be paid at reveivers if they are
not quick unloading...this is a tough industry and if you in it you must be
tough too.
So, what is that you guys have done that I have not?
The New Guy

Wayne.B

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:06:53 GMT, "The new guy"
wrote:
So, what is that you guys have done that I have not?

Leverage your assets. If your strong point is lining up work,
concentrate on that and hire other guys to drive. Line up as much
work as you can and lease enough trucks to handle it. Risky? Sure,
but that's how every large outfit got started. Build the business and
sell it off at the top of the economic cycle. Buy the trucks back for
10 cents on the dollar next time the economy breaks and start over.