marivera

Default Taking my boat to the Texas gulf

I have a old 15 ft Lonestar with a 50hp Chrysler outboard, i plan on taking
it out to Port Aransas Texas and do some bay fishing for the first time, I
normally use it on fresh water lakes. What do i need to do to protect it
from salt water.

Jeepers

In article ,
"marivera" wrote:

I have a old 15 ft Lonestar with a 50hp Chrysler outboard, i plan on taking
it out to Port Aransas Texas and do some bay fishing for the first time, I
normally use it on fresh water lakes. What do i need to do to protect it
from salt water.

Why don't you put in at Rockport or Aransas Pass? Port A is really for
the Intercoastal waterway and the Gulf, AFAIK.

--
Member AAAAAAAA
American Association Against Acronym Abuse And Also Ambiguity.

marivera

Where i had planned on put my boat out is on the Aransas pass side of the
Ferry, I see all kinds of boats launching on what looks like shallow areas.
I dont know how deep the water is but it looks like fun, just have to make
sure my depth finder works.

thanks
"marivera" wrote in message
I have a old 15 ft Lonestar with a 50hp Chrysler outboard, i plan on

taking
it out to Port Aransas Texas and do some bay fishing for the first time, I
normally use it on fresh water lakes. What do i need to do to protect it
from salt water.

Jeepers

In article ,
"marivera" wrote:

Where i had planned on put my boat out is on the Aransas pass side of the
Ferry, I see all kinds of boats launching on what looks like shallow areas.
I dont know how deep the water is but it looks like fun, just have to make
sure my depth finder works.

There is a boat ramp immeadiatly after the ferry on the island on your
left. Be better to put in where there is pavement, the sand can eat your
car. Personally, I'd put in IN Aransas Pass, for Redfish Bay, at the
boat ramp there. Or at the ramp at the Copano Bay Causeway (statepark)
Bridge north of Rockport/Fulton, on Copano and Aransas Bay.