Default Sweet!

On 12/31/20 10:07 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 07:29:27 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:24 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:56:03 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
In article ,
says...

NEW YORK ? The Manhattan District Attorney's Office has retained

This sounds like a fishing expedition.

Please. You aren't competent to discuss these matters. Move on.

Sounds more to me like a substantial fine and maybe some loss of
assets. In the end New York needs money more than they need a Martyr.

3.2 million upstate New Yorkers voted for Trump and they vote above
their weight.

I have no idea what the New York State attorney general or the New York
County district attorney have in mind for Trump. Some of it sounds
serious. There's a rumor floating around that there are dozens of
indictments ready to be released soon after 20 January. Ivanka seems to
have stepped into a pile of dog****, too. You just know it breaks my
heart.

Our last bet looks like a push. Want to do another buck that Trump
never does a minute of prison time?
If they find impropriety he will have to pay the money back with
penalties and interest.

You think Governor Cuomo will pardon Trump?

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless,

wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
[...]

Yes I have seen that as well
I heard there are 81 indictments pending
Very worrisome

mk5000

A full definition of an object must include the whole of human experience, both as a criterion of truth and a practical indicator of its connection with human wants.
Collected Works, Vol. 32, p.  94.--Lenin

wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
[...]

I am sure you are right. Besides Trump skill at dragging legal suits out to their longest, he is old and ill. Even if any of the cases went to trial and if he were convicted, these factors tend to preclude jail time.

This however reminds me of the summer when there were stories about the Jersey judge whose family member got shot. Her son I think

Her court was turning up Epstein Deutsche bank laundering evidence, taking some sort of action (discovery maybe?) about

This is gonna lead right back to Trump, eventually, even tho he will not serve time for it

Trump really is interchangeable with Lenin with his Fake News

mk5000

All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake “public opinion” for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.
Collected Works, Vol. 32, pp. 504–9.--Lenin

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 12:34:57 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/31/20 10:07 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 07:29:27 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
[...]

No
I think New York values money more than another prisoner who will be
seen as a martyr by over 3 million New Yorkers and 173 million
Americans.
Once Trump is out of the white house and things are not getting better
for anyone, I doubt they will be thinking about him anymore.
The focus will shift to Hunter and whether they made a mistake with
Joe.

wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
[...]

Soap opera

I lived in their suburbs for a while

Every day I woke up there was a soap opera

I’m never going to live there again

your point about costs of prosecution are valid. Prosecutors unfortunately just like all politicians are driven by financial decisions. The small town guy maybe not as much, but in a place like New York, they will be motivated by whether they can get a large judgment, or good publicity, both of which are further a function of having a winning case

Any prosecutor would be able to rake in quite a bit based on forfeiture laws; however, that might be outweighed by what seems like Trump being in the red/ If the suit is strictly civil and it turns out Trump owes a lot of back taxes, they will go forward if for no other reason than to get a tax lien on the properties, to hasten their claims ahead of other debtors.

Publicity: they will get a lot of that if they have a solid case but if they have a shaky case. Trump will appear a martyr and this will not help the prosecutor's political ambitions

mk5000

Had she mentioned just how sigh-worthy big her Pookie was? The perfectly aimed blow hit Leo in the jaw, and the force snapped his head to the side. But it certainly didn’t fell him. Not even close.
On the contrary, the punch brought the predator in him alive.-- Eve Langlais, When an Omega Snaps

wrote:

On 12/30/20 11:28 AM, Bill wrote:
B wrote:
[...]

I lived in DC for 38 years and everyone I knew either worked for the
government or for someone who did business with the government. For 15
years I worked in government offices all over DC as a vendor. I ma
very familiar with how government operates and what goes on in those
offices.

[...]

It would actually screw all of the other debtors because tax liens are
superior to all other obligations. It would benefit guys like Steve
Wynn and Bill Marriott, who could come up with the money to buy these
properties for the taxes or judgements due in the government auction
and own them free and clear.

How sweet it is... Justan Ohlphart[_3_] General 0 September 2nd 19 01:33 AM
How sweet it is... Boater General 0 November 19th 08 01:25 AM
Sweet SUZY ASA 0 May 3rd 06 03:56 AM
SWEET Harry.Krause General 15 September 20th 05 12:49 AM