Default Some Great Northeastern Snow Storm Pictures

Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

On 12/18/20 4:17 PM, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

Beautiful pics. Almost makes me want to drive up there and play in the snow.
--
LATIN DEFINITION OF SINISTER ???????

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 21:34:30 -0000 (UTC), "Justan O."
wrote:

On 12/18/20 4:17 PM, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

Beautiful pics. Almost makes me want to drive up there and play in the snow.

===

Yes, and then I remember what it was like to actually live there and
deal with it all winter. :-)

wrote:

On 12/18/20 4:17 PM, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

Beautiful pics. Almost makes me want to drive up there and play in the snow.

===

Yes, and then I remember what it was like to actually live there and
deal with it all winter. :-)

I spent a winter in Albany when I started working for the NEA. My
parents were going to drive up fron New Haven to see me that
Thanksgiving. It started snowing the night before and by the next
morning, there were 24" on the ground. Our street was impassable but the
power was on. County sent a dump truck with plow to clean the street. It
got stuck in a snowbank. County then sent an articulated earth mover
with a blade to get the truck loose. It got it loose and then the truck
banged into the electric utility pole and knocked it over. No power
until the next day, when it was repaired.

The streets in downtown Albany usually have so much snow from regular
plowing that the snow banks were 10' along the curbs and some cars were
buried in them.

We had heavy snow in New Haven when I was growing up there, but not like
the snow in Albany.

Around here, a skiff of snow shuts down everything. An inch or two and
life comes to a halt.

--
Bozo Binned: Herring, Bert Robbins, JackGoff 452471atgmail.com,
Just-AN-Asshole, Tim, and Gunboy Alex, aka the Gang of Dull, Witless,

wrote:

[...]

I would rather just have it snow than have the sleet and freezing rain
DC usually gets in these things. It is wet all day and icy all night.
That is pretty scary stuff if you work nights. You can be driving
along on a dry road and suddenly hit a quarter mile or more of black
ice that nobody has had the thought to salt down.

wrote:

[...]

Young ignorant guy. Driving to Dayton, OH for NCR school. January 1964.
Southern Missouri, and splats hit the windshield. I thought a little snow.
Damn sleet storm, that iced over the roads, before it started snowing.
11” blizzard. Somehow, going from Route 66 to get to US40. Got lost.
Natural Bridges road in Saint Louis is beautiful when covered with a
blanket of ice and snow. Was told later is most dangerous part of SL.
Highest point in Ohio is 1504’. No downhill skiing. Why do you need snow?
Drove out the other side of the blizzard at Terra Haute. Made it to
Indianapolis before having to get motel. At least the next day the roads
just had a thin layer of blowing snow. Left for home the week before
thanksgiving. Night before I left, first snow of the next winter. Glad to
head southern route.

On Friday, December 18, 2020 at 3:17:40 PM UTC-6, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

thanks never too pressed for good stuff! These were great!

mk5000

.. Roger Ailes understanding, compassion, and kindness was exemplified when I shared with Roger Ailes that I am entering into a season where I want to start my day with my children first, and Roger Ailes offered Roger Ailes blessing to do so. With a heart full of gratitude and the peace that God has given me, I am confident that this personal decision is the right one for our family, and we will be joining all of you watching' Fox Friends' each morning as we get ready for school together.==Elisabeth Hasselbeck

wrote:

On 12/18/20 4:17 PM, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

Beautiful pics. Almost makes me want to drive up there and play in the snow.

===

Yes, and then I remember what it was like to actually live there and
deal with it all winter. :-)

My most vivid memory was doing a 720 on 128 one snowy night. I don't recall
ever crashing though.

--
LATIN DEFINITION OF SINISTER ???????

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 03:47:41 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

My spookiest ride in the snow was a trip to Endicott. They were still
building I-81 and there were some sections that were done but waiting
for signage and lane paint. You could drive around the barricades and
pretty much go as fast as you wanted. I did that and ran into about a
foot of fresh fallen snow. With no signs, you just had to guess where
the road was and my Corvette was plowing the snow over the hood. I was
still going pretty fast because I knew if I stopped, I might not get
going again and nobody was going to find me any time soon. I was real
happy to get to the open part of the road. I hit that pile of plowed
snow there at about 40. Ripped the spoiler off the Corvette but I was
still rolling.

wrote:

On 12/18/20 4:17 PM, Wayne B wrote:
Scroll down a little:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9062541/The-big-freeze-follows-big-storm-Northeast-rushes-clear-deadly-black-ice-roads.html

Beautiful pics. Almost makes me want to drive up there and play in the snow.

===

Yes, and then I remember what it was like to actually live there and
deal with it all winter. :-)

My most vivid memory was doing a 720 on 128 one snowy night. I don't recall
ever crashing though.

I did a 360 in the middle of a multicar pileup at the bottom of the
hill in 7 corners Va and missed everyone crashing around me. When I
got pointed the right way I just kept going so I could pull that hill
up the other side. That was just another day of commuting in DC, I
thought.