Default Coating steel hulled houseboat (more)???

Forgot to ask about the rusting from the inside out issue. It's a 1973 boat,
and almost surely a 1973 hull. It is very rusty inside, but no sign of leaking.
Is the inside rust a real big problem? I've only known people to refer to it
a couple of times--not all the time like rust on the outside. Would it help much
to put some of those moisture absorbing containers in the hull, especially
since winter's one its way?

Thanks again!
David
Bill

Steel hull vessels can rust from the inside out or from the outside in.

Typical treatments are to sand blast or sand the paint off. Then
immediately - as soon as humanly possible - put a good metal primer on.
Steel begins to oxide (rust) very quickly, and the primer will not stick
very well (long term) on the oxide.

For the inside, I would follow this up with a coal tar epoxy paint, maybe
two or so coats. On the outside, there are various paints you can use.

I have no experience with fresh water algae.

Good luck,

Bill