Default Chynahhh.

On 10/27/20 3:29 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:31:09 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/27/20 9:27 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/26/20 10:43 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:34:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/26/20 6:13 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 9:46 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:02:48 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:34:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 12:03 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 08:20:06 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:17 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 10/24/20 5:47 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
I don't know what it is, but I won some sort of site
drawing for an
Apple accessory, but not an Apple- branded one. It is on
its way from
Shenzhen on the Chinese mainland. Probably a device charger
or cable(s).

Appleseeds from China. Plant them and see what develops.

As it turns out, it is a clickety-click keyboard, I think.

I have a pretty good selection of keyboards here and I really
like the
feel of the old IBM Type M but the clicky thing makes my wife
nuts so
I use a back lit soft key Logitech most of the time. I am also
getting
pretty used to wireless so cords tend to irritate me. My
keyboard is
usually in my lap and the mouse runs on the arm of my chair.

I've got three hardly ever used Apple issue keyboards, wired and
bluetooth, sitting in a drawer. I still prefer keyboards that
kind of
remind me of an IBM Selectric typewriter. Mostly, I used
"clacky" and
cheap MacAlly keyboards. If the incoming keyboard is a clacky
clunky
type, I'll give it a serious whirl.

I can send you a model M if your Apples can handle a real PS/2
keyboard. That is the original buckling spring keyboard IBM gave
people who were moving from Selectrics.

I doubt it would work, even if a connector adapter could be
found. The
key maps are different and without a way to remap them, you'd not
get it
to work.

I saw this
https://www.addictivetips.com/mac-os...rd-with-a-mac/

Yeah, and I came across a connector that converts PS/2 to USB.
Worth an
experiment, I suppose. I always liked the IBM model M keyboard,
from the
1980s. The Apple keyboards are stylish, but for me, they are
third-rate
in terms of touch and feel. Mine sit in a drawer.
Â*Â* If you don't have a real keyboard port on the mac, this may not
work.
Mod Ms never heard of USB

Keyboards and mice "work" on contemporary Mac computers via Bluetooth or
through a USB connection port. There is no "real" keyboard port. One of
my Mac keyboards will work wired or via Bluetooth. It recharges via
connection through a USB port, just like an iPhone. I just got a
delivery notification saying my new freebie "Chinese" keyboard prize
will arrive Wednesday. If it is what I think, it will connect via
Bluetooth or USB, and recharge via USB.

OK then you are not going to be using a Modem M unless someone can
come up with a PS/2 to USB protocol adapter, not just a wiring
adapter. Most newer keyboards will handle both. That is why they make
those adapters.

My iMac has these ports on the backside:

3.5 mm headphone jack
SDXC card slot
Four USB-A ports
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)

I have my external speakers plugged into the headphone jack, a 150
gigabit card in the SDXC slot, a router plugged into the Ethernet port,
and a powered multiport device plugged into one of the USB-C ports, with
a bunch of USB stuff plugged into the device. Also, my secondary backup
device, a portable SSD, is plugged into the other USB-C port. I
alternate between wired and Bluetooth keyboards and mice. I have a bunch
of Mac mice, but I really prefer some of the more traditional mice.
Right now, my favorite is a pretty inexpensive MacAlly wired mouse. I'm
not a big fan of trackpads. At the moment, I am using a wired MacAlly
full size "clicky" keyboard. I upload current videos onto the SDXC card
and after watching them, if I want to keep them, I transfer them over to
the freestanding server. I can play videos from anywhere in the house
via wi-fi, on devices and on TV screens.

I used to toss all sorts of hardware upgrades into the PCs I used to
run, but the only thing I've done to the iMac is pull out the two 4GB
ram chip strips (8GB) it came with and replaced them four 32GB ram chip
strips, for a total of ***128GB*** of ram.

I don't dive into PCs anymore. I did change the battery and SSD drive on
my old Macbook Air, and aside from messing with really tiny screws, it
was pretty easy to pull out and replace both.

***Whoops...make that "...four 16GB ram chip strips, for a total of 64GB
of ram."

You have more RAM than I have C: drive. I doubt you can use it all
unless IOS is more bloated than Windoze.

The new "freebie" keyboard arrived this evening. Seems pretty nice, with
backlit keys that can be in red, blue, green, and white. Got it plugged
into a USB port now to charge it up so I can try using it through bluetooth.

--
Nearly 230,000+ Americans will never recover from the incompetence of
Donald Trump.

wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:34:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/26/20 6:13 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 9:46 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:02:48 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:34:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I do some video and sound editing for fun and profit. Uses lots of
RAM for swap files.

Unless you are editing the whole "Victory at Sea" series as one big
file, it is nowhere near 64GB even assuming a few copies in various
states of edit.
Sound editing is not very RAM intensive by today's standards. Even big
files like a whole side of an LP disappears in a gig, even as a WAV
file. I was doing that sort of thing with individual songs on 256 meg
machines 20 years ago.

wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:34:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/26/20 6:13 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 9:46 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:02:48 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:34:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have something similar on my shop machine but it is a slightly
different flavor of 2.4g transmission. It still runs out to around 30
feet tho. That is handy if you are running a media machine in the
entertainment center from your LaZBoy. I like the back lit keys
because you can use it in the dark. (just the light of the TV)

On 10/28/20 12:20 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:56:40 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:34:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/26/20 6:13 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 9:46 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:02:48 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:34:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I don't recall the price, but the four strips of mem chips I put into my
iMac were name brand and available during an Amazon Black Friday sale at
a very low price. I sort of recall paying about $100 for the "matched
set," or something like that.

On 10/28/20 12:24 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:51:02 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 18:34:59 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/26/20 6:13 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2020 08:14:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 9:46 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 19:02:48 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/25/20 6:22 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 12:34:14 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Backlit keys are the bomb! This particular keyboard is pretty heavy,
which is also to my liking. Came with a bag of replacement key caps if
you want to use it on a Windoze computer and a wire wrench of some sort
to pull off the existing key caps.