Default This is delicious!

Isn't this delicious?

Dramatically fewer voters said they intend to cast ballots for President
Donald Trump after he was diagnosed with COVID-19, according to a new poll.

A poll released Tuesday by Franklin Pierce University and The Boston
Herald shows Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's lead grew from
5 percent before the positive test result to 21 percent after Trump's
diagnosis was announced.

Biden was supported by 46 percent of likely voters compared to 41
percent for Trump during the two days before his infection was revealed,
while 55 percent said they would vote for Biden and only 34 percent
stuck with Trump in the three days after the diagnosis.

The poll was conducted nationally among 1,003 likely voters over the
phone and online between September 30 and October 4, with a 3.1 percent
margin of error. When results from all five days of the survey are
included, Biden holds an overall 51 percent to 37 percent lead over Trump.

https://tinyurl.com/y5lhx9nt

Of course the numbers will vary from poll to poll and from day to day,
but, even so...perhaps it means our long national nightmare with Trump
is winding up.

--
Statehood for the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico!

On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 06:05:55 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

I imagine a lot of Florida voters had already mailed their ballots
before we knew about Donald's Covid. (I did, Dr Jorgensen)
So far he seems to be getting away with it but I am not really
watching the news so I am not sure. This could change in a minute.
If he does manage to throw this thing off without really trying too
hard, wouldn't that make him look stronger? He will say frail, sleepy
old Joe would die but he is now immune.

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure it matters at this point what Trump says. I'm hoping for a
blow-out but I'll settle for a clean Biden victory, which I think will
happen. I think that almost all of Trump's support will come from white
racists and those few in his base who are not white racists, and that
total number should not be enough to get him re-elected. Trump does seem
to have the political moron vote locked up...Justan and Herring here,
for example, who "believe" in The Donald.

I'm not sure where my wife and I will vote. We like going to the poll,
which is at a local elementary school, and if you go mid-morning, there
rarely is a line. An alternative is to head to the board of elections
building late this month, where voting machines will be set up. I
personally like voting in person, rather than with a mail ballot.

In Florida, when we first voted, the polling place was at a
fundamentalist church, which papered its corridor with anti-abortion
posters. I started a campaign to move the polling place away from the
church and was eventually successful. It was relocated to a politically
neutral location.

Several of our local churches here "decorate" their yards pre-election
with hundreds of little wooden crosses as an anti-abortion statement.
Their yard, their business, but I always smirk at the display because of
their assumption that all aborted fetuses are from christian women.

--
Statehood for the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico!

Delicious Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 0 April 28th 18 03:30 PM
Delicious! Harry[_2_] General 3 January 6th 10 03:38 AM
Delicious... H the K[_2_] General 288 October 29th 09 12:51 AM
Delicious! HK General 0 June 19th 09 05:18 PM