Default Serious Stuff

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 22:33:07 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 18:12:30 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 17:50:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 13:36:24 -0400,

wrote:

from Reuters:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden-republicans/former-republican-cia-fbi-heads-and-national-security-officials-to-back-biden-idUSKBN25G2C5

============

Former Republican CIA, FBI heads and national security officials to
back Biden

I am getting resigned to the idea that we will get Biden and I just
say the same thing I usually do when people do something dumb

"Sometimes you need to let the baby touch the stove".

The republic will survive as long as the dollar does. The only
question is how long that will be. My predictions have a scary habit
of being right. I just think things will happen sooner than they do
(like the housing crash)
I just hope my prediction of the debt bubble crash outlives me.

If Biden wins and the Senate goes Democrat, I believe we'll see some drastic
changes to this country. By opening the borders, making citizens of the illegals
already here, buying more votes with welfare, we'll not see Republicans in
charge for a long time. Look at the cities and states with the big problems now.
They're not, for the most part, run by Republicans.

I am far more concerned with the Senate and the house than the
president but my real interest is the local elections where hundreds
of votes can carry the day and my personal interests are more at
stake.
I have gone out of my way to be sure the Council has heard me speak
and the town manager knows me. That is how I got our road fixed in a
day.

Of course. That would explain your non-voting for a potential president.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

No matter who wins, Gregory can say "I didn't vote for him". I guess he
hates trump and Biden equally. There's no other explanation for why he
won't do his patriotic duty.

wrote:

[...]

My patriotic duty is to vote for the candidate that best represents my
views, not to hold my nose and vote for someone I do not agree with.

wrote:

[...]

===

That's a bit harsh. His patriotic duty is to vote, not to vote for
someone you approve of.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I saw nothing in that comment suggesting Greg vote for someone Justan approved
of, only that he vote.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You're reading in to it something that wasn't said. A Fat Harryism, as it
were. ;-)
The way I see it, he's throwing his vote away. Like it or not one of the two
will be the next president. He should choose which he thinks will better
represent the country.

Tin hat stuff, or maybe not Justan Ohlphart[_3_] General 3 May 4th 20 06:50 PM
Gun stuff Mr. Luddite General 13 January 9th 16 04:32 PM
New Stuff RG General 18 December 19th 09 03:58 PM
New Stuff ????? Bruce In Bangkok Boat Building 0 November 27th 09 12:44 PM
Stuff happens Capt. Matt General 14 September 9th 05 09:45 PM