Default Why are we fighting over masks? (as a nation)

We aren't even close to the end of the economic damage.

Unemployment is a lot worse than the depression right now.

Landlords are starting to worry about if they can actually hold on to
their rental property if the renters don't have to pay rent.

Lenders are wondering how many defaults they can expect as soon as the
dust settles.

Businesses are folding all over.

GDP in the US sunk by a third in 2q20.

I think that is why they want us to fight over masks, to take our mind
off of the economy.

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 19:32:27 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/13/20 11:36 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 15:32:54 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 8/13/20 12:16 AM,
wrote:
We aren't even close to the end of the economic damage.

Unemployment is a lot worse than the depression right now.

Landlords are starting to worry about if they can actually hold on to
their rental property if the renters don't have to pay rent.

Lenders are wondering how many defaults they can expect as soon as the
dust settles.

Businesses are folding all over.

GDP in the US sunk by a third in 2q20.

I think that is why they want us to fight over masks, to take our mind
off of the economy.

Who is they?

The 400 people who run the world or just our government, take your
pick. Nobody wants to talk about the real problem.

Obviously the economy is of upmost importance to you. The economy won't
flourish without living healthy people. Survival of the fitest? If only
Hitler had coronavirus as a weapon, he might have reached his goal.(snerk)
I'm sure Trump and some of congress have the country's well being as their
top priority. Or, maybe you think the opposition has a better motive and
plans. If I were you, I'd take measures to see that your vote gets counted.

This virus will be over when we acquire some herd immunity, not any
sooner. We are just ****ing on the fire and hoping for a miracle.
Meanwhile our economy is circling the bowl.
A global economic collapse could last decades and might end up
starting another world war. It did last time.
It will just be the question of when people start distrusting the
dollar as a stable currency. The US just printing as much as they can
without anything at all backing it up might be the trigger.
I will say it again. Our debt to GDP ratio is 10% higher than it was
after WWII and we do not have the manufacturing or technical
advantages to pull out of it like we did in the late 40s and 50s.
We also do not have anyone with the political capital to impose
Eisenhower tax rates to pay down that debt, assuming the economy would
support that in the first place.
I keep hearing people say we got over the 2008/9 crash but we still
haven't even started paying for that. We just put it on our kid's tab.
A baby born today already has a debt of over $80,000 on his back. (the
portion of the debt owed by every man, woman and child in the US)
What happens when someone says "pay up sucker"?

So you think the government is not happy having us fighting over
minutia like masks and which thug got shot by a cop instead asking
serious questions about our future?
I haven't heard one candidate even start to suggest a 136% debt to GDP
ratio was troubling.
Where is Ross Perot when we need him?

Masks [email protected] General 3 May 3rd 20 01:58 AM
Fighting for the rec.boats... Keyser Söze General 2 May 4th 15 09:44 PM
No fighting! John H[_3_] General 37 September 5th 08 01:51 AM
No fighting! Tim General 0 September 3rd 08 12:24 AM
No fighting! [email protected] General 0 September 3rd 08 12:15 AM