Default diesel outboard

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.Â* I don't see any value in owning one of those!

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 04:15:44 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Smoky bugger!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 19:09:33 -0400, Alex wrote:

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.Â* I don't see any value in owning one of those!

I assume it is because you are not in the 3d world where clanged up
stuff like this is popular but he does seem to be moving right along
in a smoky sort of way.

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.Â* I don't see any value in owning one of those!

I assume it is because you are not in the 3d world where clanged up
stuff like this is popular but he does seem to be moving right along
in a smoky sort of way.

It's a very narrow boat for that speed and three guys who could shift
the weight quickly.Â* The speed is impressive but very dangerous.

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.Â* I don't see any value in owning one of those!

I assume it is because you are not in the 3d world where clanged up
stuff like this is popular but he does seem to be moving right along
in a smoky sort of way.

It's a very narrow boat for that speed and three guys who could shift
the weight quickly.Â* The speed is impressive but very dangerous.

Seeing that contraption running, it occurs to me danger is not their
first concern. I guess there are rednecks everywhere.

I am impressed with the ingenuity a bit. I assume this thing is raw
water cooled so it might not last long but it is a cool ride while it
lasts. It would be interesting to see how they are getting the water
pump primed to get going. There is nowhere enough detail in that
video.

Bill wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2723761937944551&_rdr

Wow.* I don't see any value in owning one of those!
I assume it is because you are not in the 3d world where clanged up
stuff like this is popular but he does seem to be moving right along
in a smoky sort of way.

It's a very narrow boat for that speed and three guys who could shift
the weight quickly.* The speed is impressive but very dangerous.

Seeing that contraption running, it occurs to me danger is not their
first concern. I guess there are rednecks everywhere.

I am impressed with the ingenuity a bit. I assume this thing is raw
water cooled so it might not last long but it is a cool ride while it
lasts. It would be interesting to see how they are getting the water
pump primed to get going. There is nowhere enough detail in that
video.

===

All of the raw water pumps that I'm familiar with are self priming,
typically with flexible rubber/neoprene vanes and positive
displacement.

https://www.castlepumps.com/info-hub/flexible-impeller-pump-guide/

https://www.avg.com

Bill wrote:
[...]

That is a marine water pump, This is an Izuzu Diesel. It assumes a
radiator with water above the pump.

Bill wrote:
[...]

Understood, but Isuzu diesels are frequently adapted for marine use so
there must be some easy way of mounting an external water pump.

https://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/marine/

https://www.avg.com

Bill wrote:
[...]

Does the radiator have a fan with a shroud and a shield.