BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hydraulic Leak Revisited (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185918-hydraulic-leak-revisited.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 20 10:13 PM

Hydraulic Leak Revisited

Just came back in from the boat. Earlier in the day I topped off the
resevoir and added some UV tracing fluid. I checked later with the
inspection light and found nothing that glowed except the sight glass.

Then I started up the port side engine which has the Vickers hydraulic
pump on it. Within minutes the fluid level in the sight glass started
to drop and the bilge was glowing bright green under the UV light.
Inspecting the pump, control head and actuator cylinders showed no
trace of leaking. Apparently one of the hoses is rupured in a place
where I can't see it. I'm thinking that I should just bite the bullet
and replace all of the hoses at this point.

https://www.avg.com