BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185917-bayliner-bad-wrap-bad-boats.html)

[email protected] July 22nd 20 01:31 PM

Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats?

The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they are deffinently not bad boats

Tim July 22nd 20 04:21 PM

Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats?

I think they’ve done quite a bit to improve the build quality in recent years.

7:31

John[_6_] July 22nd 20 04:22 PM

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 05:31:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they are deffinently not bad boats

Ask Don White. He traded down from his Bayliner recently.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Justan July 22nd 20 05:14 PM

On 7/22/20 5:31 AM, wrote:
The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they are deffinently not bad boats

You must be a new Bayliner owner.

Bill[_12_] July 22nd 20 06:04 PM

Justan wrote:
On 7/22/20 5:31 AM, wrote:
The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the
company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch
of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they
absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order
to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they
are deffinently not bad boats

You must be a new Bayliner owner.

The sad thing is they are really a nice design boat. Just made very
cheaply. Thin glasswork, etc. when you can push on the sides and get
movement, the longevity of a boat will not be a long time if any rough
water.

John[_6_] July 22nd 20 06:53 PM

Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats?

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:04:00 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Justan wrote:
On 7/22/20 5:31 AM, wrote:
The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the
company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch
of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they
absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order
to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they
are deffinently not bad boats

You must be a new Bayliner owner.

The sad thing is they are really a nice design boat. Just made very
cheaply. Thin glasswork, etc. when you can push on the sides and get
movement, the longevity of a boat will not be a long time if any rough
water.

At one point, way back when, I was considering a Bayliner Trophy. I called the
dealer in Seattle to talk about prices, etc. He strongly suggested I consider
upgrading the engine to an Evinrude instead of the Force which was standard.
When I asked him why, his response was, "Well, the Force is basically a
'throw-away' engine."

That convinced me I didn't want a Bayliner.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Bill[_12_] July 22nd 20 08:36 PM

wrote:

Justan wrote:
On 7/22/20 5:31 AM, wrote:
[...]

Was a price point boat.

[email protected] July 22nd 20 10:02 PM

Bayliner: Bad wrap or bad boats?

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 08:21:05 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

I think they’ve done quite a bit to improve the build quality in recent years.

7:31
The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they are deffinently not bad boats

===

Just when I was hoping to never see another Bayliner thread here. :-)
At least it's about boating.

My neighbor across the canal has a 20 something CC with twin outboards
on it. He's had it for a while and seems happy with it. Would I want
to take it 50 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico? Heck no, that's not
what it's designed and built for. We have a lot of inshore water here
however and it seems fine for that.

https://www.avg.com

Alex[_23_] July 25th 20 12:59 AM

John wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 05:31:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The only reason they are able to sell them so cheap is because the company that makes bayliner also manufactures sea ray lowe and a bunch of other brands including manufacturing mercury motors so they absolutely can afford to lose money or break even on bayliner in order to get people out on the water thats why they are so affordable but they are deffinently not bad boats

Ask Don White. He traded down from his Bayliner recently.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Just don't ask his opinion for a new purchase.Â* His reliance on
salespeople has cost him a lot every time he got screwed.