BoatBanter.com

-   -   New Personal Best (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185913-new-personal-best.html)

John[_6_] July 21st 20 05:49 PM

New Personal Best

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

[email protected] July 21st 20 09:10 PM

New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!

Good deal.
That would be the front nine for me if you counted all the penalty
strokes I should be getting.
How many strokes is teeing one up in a fairway bunker and hitting it
with a driver anyway? I suppose it is a lot. ;-)

At this rate, in a few years you will be shooting your age.

[email protected] July 22nd 20 02:23 AM

New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

https://www.avg.com

[email protected] July 22nd 20 03:38 AM

New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Dunno. Steve Mizerak was a helluva golfer.
I was at the pool bar at the Hyatt in Phoenix watching him hit the
ball into a net with the pro IBM hired and it made a scary sound
whizzing through the air. I didn't hear that when the pro hit the
ball, nor anywhere else. He took a lot of money from the IBM managers.
I owed him a gin and tonic for a pool game we played and I knew where
the only place in the whole hotel was where I could buy him one.
I didn't want to embarrass myself by picking up a club.

John[_6_] July 22nd 20 04:10 PM

New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:10:33 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!

Good deal.
That would be the front nine for me if you counted all the penalty
strokes I should be getting.
How many strokes is teeing one up in a fairway bunker and hitting it
with a driver anyway? I suppose it is a lot. ;-)

At this rate, in a few years you will be shooting your age.

Either two or disqualification, probably the latter.

One of my regular golf buddies is 86. He's shot better than his age about half a
dozen times - just in the past three months! He started playing when he was
about 15. I waited 'til I turned 60.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

John[_6_] July 22nd 20 04:12 PM

New Personal Best

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Very similar skill set - I bank balls off trees a lot!

But, you're right about the frustration. Now I'll be disappointed round after
round until I get an 82!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Its Me July 23rd 20 02:48 PM

New Personal Best

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:12:49 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Very similar skill set - I bank balls off trees a lot!

We always called that the "membership kick".

John[_6_] July 23rd 20 09:26 PM

New Personal Best

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 06:48:46 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:

On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 11:12:49 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 21:23:50 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 12:49:58 -0400, John wrote:

Yesterday I shot an 83 playing Forest Greens golf course, which is my new
personal best. That's worthy of shouting about!
--

===

Nice Game. Golfing skill has always eluded me. One summer I actually
took lessons a couple of times a week. I could actually hit the ball
as long as the pro was talkking me through the swing but not on my
own. Frustrating game. I was a decent pocket billiards (pool) player
at one time but that's apparently a different skill set.

Very similar skill set - I bank balls off trees a lot!

We always called that the "membership kick".

Mostly, mine just go deeper into the woods.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Bill[_12_] July 24th 20 05:17 AM

New Personal Best

John wrote:
[...]

Years ago, when I still played golf, we were playing at Lake Tahoe. 6000’
and balls really fly. Remember Clackers? What the balls hitting the trees
sounded like.

John[_6_] July 24th 20 08:35 PM

New Personal Best

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 04:17:30 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

Well, why'd you quit the game? I play mainly for the exercise.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!