Default A Great Explanation

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 11:23:33 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

These days I boat in a RIB that I bought last year after selling the Bayliner bow rider. I have folding launch wheels to install on the aluminum transom. Hope to finish that today. I did buy a small Easy Loader galvanized trailer for it but the launch wheels should make launching in tricky areas easier.

Glad to hear you got rid of that Bayliner. The RIB sounds cool. Can you post a
picture?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:09:40 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 06:54:13 -0400, John wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 17:39:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 06:51:27 -0400, John wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but this guy does a great explanation and video of why
masks work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0...0CgY8aJiV1 5I

Nobody wants to talk about what happens to the infection trapped in
the mask. How many times does the average mask wearer touch that mask
on their day out and about and where does that infection on their
hands end up?
I see lots of masks. I see very few people who actually wear and
handle hem correctly ... but they are making the fashion statement so
I guess it is OK.

If the infection's in the mask, the wearer is already sick. Perhaps he touches
the mask and transfer a bit of the virus. Imagine how much more he would
transfer breathing, coughing or sneezing *without* the mask!

Again with the coughing and sneezing. If I see that, I am heading for
the door.
I still haven't done my simulated test of blowing air, similar to a
sneeze through a damp mask. We know the rag is not stopping a water
borne virus.
What about the infection the mask catches from those evil aerosols
others emit that I keep hearing about? Are you saying your do rag
isn't catching any of them? (even if I agree it isn't).

Ah, you *can* imagine how much more would be transferred!

There was a great test shown in the first post of this thread.

The purpose of the mask is *not* to catch aerosols from others. (Of course, you
know that but continue to pretend otherwise.)
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:14:37 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 06:58:00 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 00:16:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 02:22:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 06:51:27 -0400, John wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but this guy does a great explanation and video of why
masks work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0...0CgY8aJiV1 5I

Nobody wants to talk about what happens to the infection trapped in
the mask. How many times does the average mask wearer touch that mask
on their day out and about and where does that infection on their
hands end up?
I see lots of masks. I see very few people who actually wear and
handle hem correctly ... but they are making the fashion statement so
I guess it is OK.

Maybe trying to protect other people.

They are not protecting anyone of they are fondling an infected mask
and then handling the produce.

The mask does not provide orgasms. There is no reason to be fondling it. Put it
on when going into the store, and take it off when you come out. That's not that
hard.

A little common sense can go a long way!

Then what? Shove it in your pocket? (infecting your pocket and
everything in it)

If you're already sick, what difference does it make? As you've been told many
times, the mask is to protect others.

It still does not address the reality I see. Those sanctimonious
people I see are touching their mask all the time and about half pull
it down to talk. Some wear it below their nose so they can breathe
without fogging up their glasses and the store employees are the
worst. God only know when the last time they changed or washed that
nasty rag.

Apparently you see only assholes who don't know what they should, or they don't
give a **** about others.

Either you are the 1% or you are just in denial.

What 1%? That comment made little sense.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:15:19 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:20:54 -0000 (UTC), Justan wrote:

On 7/8/20 10:17 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 23:19:48 -0400,

wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 02:22:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Wed, 08 Jul 2020 06:51:27 -0400, John wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but this guy does a great explanation and video of why
masks work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0...0CgY8aJiV1 5I

Nobody wants to talk about what happens to the infection trapped in
the mask. How many times does the average mask wearer touch that mask
on their day out and about and where does that infection on their
hands end up?
I see lots of masks. I see very few people who actually wear and
handle hem correctly ... but they are making the fashion statement so
I guess it is OK.

Maybe trying to protect other people.

===

And raising the general awareness level. These are not exactly normal
times and some people need to be reminded of that it seems.

So then if I just get a hat that says "get the **** away from me" it
is as effective as a mask. Thanks

Maybe you could stay away from everyone and anywhere they've been recently.
No mask,no hat required. No risk of being infected or infecting others.
What do you think?

I do stay away from people, at least 6 feet.

Never pass anyone in the store aisle, eh?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

These days I boat in a RIB that I bought last year after selling the Bayliner bow rider. I have folding launch wheels to install on the aluminum transom. Hope to finish that today. I did buy a small Easy Loader galvanized trailer for it but the launch wheels should make launching in tricky areas easier.

===

Nice. RIBs are a lot of fun to tool around in. That's one of the
things I enjoy most about cruising - exploring little back waters and
creeks where the big boat can't go.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

I can't imagine how that could work in most retail establishments.

This year the dealer told me my model is a bit wider to accommodate a console with more comfortable seating. Grrrrr ... that would have been the perfect choice for me. I get tired on longer runs holding the tiller handle, especially when I
lean forward to get up on plane with the Mercury 6hp. GPS says I can get up to 14.5 mph.

wrote:

[...]

Surprisingly enough it seems to be working here, at least at the
limited number of places that I shop at like West Marine and Ace
Hardware. They have restructured their check out areas to put more
distance between customer and register, and in the case of Ace, have
also put up plexi shields. Of course neither store is super busy this
time of year.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Then I assume you do not believe is surface transmission.
If you are screwing with your mask and then touching the peaches, the
peaches are contaminated (the door handle of the freezer, the counter
or anything else you touch).
I also wonder if you really believe, this mask that you say will not
stop incoming aerosols is so great at stopping out going aerosols.

It still does not address the reality I see. Those sanctimonious
people I see are touching their mask all the time and about half pull
it down to talk. Some wear it below their nose so they can breathe
without fogging up their glasses and the store employees are the
worst. God only know when the last time they changed or washed that
nasty rag.

Apparently you see only assholes who don't know what they should, or they don't
give a **** about others.

I am just not convinced it is more than a hollow gesture.
That is particularly true if you are not following proper PPE
discipline

Either you are the 1% or you are just in denial.

What 1%? That comment made little sense.

The 1% who actually follow that afore mentioned discipline.
Taking the mask off and shoving it in your pocket is not it.
The few times I do wear a mask, I really try to do it right. I put a
brand new one on, handling it by the straps, I don't touch it and when
I leave (Costco) I take it off by the straps and drop it in the trash.
I did ask the door dweeb where the biohazard disposal container was
but he didn't understand the concept.

Then I avoid touching anything until I get to my car and my hand
sanitizer. I don't even get in the car until I scrub my hands and
face..

I am going another way. My thought is the best way not to spread the
virus is not to get it in the first place.
What is wrong with that?

wrote:

[...]

Not if I don't have to and I hold my breath if I do. Since they
cleared out all of the aisle displays and made them one way, passing
is not that common anyway. When you do, there is plenty of room to
stay away from them. People in my little circle of stores do a pretty
good job of staying away from each other but mask use also cruises
around 50% so maybe we have to.

BTW both the CDC and WHO have said "casual contact" like walking by
someone in a store is way down on their suspicions of how this is
transmitted.
Sitting on a bar stool spitting in each other's beer or standing close
and hollering in their face to be heard over the band is the top of
the list and we are seeing that in our most recent spike in
millennials.