Default covid-19 cases ....

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 11:54:44 -0400, RCE wrote:

On 6/14/2020 11:33 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 07:50:02 -0400, RCE wrote:

The number of new covid-19 confirmed cases have been
dropping big time here in Massachusetts (finally).

I was tracking confirmed cases in Plymouth County and
during it's peak the number of confirmed cases was
rising by 150 to 350 cases per *day*.

Now, the number of cases in Plymouth County has
dropped to 250 total over the last 12 days.

Unfortunately, there are about 22 states where the
increase in cases is rising again. Some of those
states were thought to have escaped a major outbreak
of cases.

The best we ever hoped for was flattening the curve and we did that
but the virus is still out there. At a certain point we are either
going to get immunity via a vaccine or we will have a very good chance
of getting the virus. There is no clicking our heels together and
making it go away.
All of those solutions some island nations have had success with won't
really work here. We can't put everyone under house arrest or put
foreign visitors in solitary confinement under our laws unless we know
they are infected. Even then, it is still more of a voluntary thing
than a legal edict. We are not that accepting of voluntary
restrictions. That was before we had mob rule in the streets. I know
we will never hear about it but I wonder how many of these new cases
can be traced back to the lynch mobs roaming the streets in the last
few weeks.
I read an article the other day that explained why tear gas actually
spreads the virus. (more coughing and spitting).

Depends where you live Greg. For example, the Governor of Massachusetts
issued an Executive Order requiring anybody coming for
lengthy periods or returning to (snowbirds) MA are *required* by law
to self-quarantine for 14 days. Hard to enforce, I know, but if
turns out they infect others by not complying with the order I guess
they could be charged with something.

It's not "voluntary". It's *required*.

Florida did a similar restriction but only for people coming from
certain states or locations. Other states, including MA, applied
the quarantine to *everyone* including residents returning home.

https://funkyimg.com/i/35ESC.jpg

Yeah they "require" that you do lots of things but if there is no
enforcement, how much of a retirement is it in real life?
That is one of those laws that would never sustain appeal in the US.
We may have a law that allows quarantine for sick people but it is
hard to enforce on a healthy person. That is unlawful imprisonment.

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 20:49:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

RCE wrote:
On 6/14/2020 9:42 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
RCE Wrote in message:
The number of new covid-19 confirmed cases have beendropping big time
here in Massachusetts (finally).I was tracking confirmed cases in
Plymouth County andduring it's peak the number of confirmed cases
wasrising by 150 to 350 cases per *day*.Now, the number of cases in
Plymouth County hasdropped to 250 total over the last 12
days.Unfortunately, there are about 22 states where theincrease in
cases is rising again. Some of thosestates were thought to have
escaped a major outbreakof cases.-- This email has been checked for
viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

Watching the number of hospitalizations and deaths would probably
give the clearest indication. Statistics on the results of tests
is misleading. Relaxing of precautions, riots, and demonstrations
are likely causing some spikeing in the numbers. JMHO.
:-)

That's true but you have to catch it in order to be hospitalized or
die from it.

My goal for Mrs.E. and I has been not to catch it in the first place.
If we were younger, I might feel otherwise if catching it and
recovering gives some natural immunity, but the experts are still
debating that.

So, to me, the number or increase of confirmed cases in the general area
we live has been more important. The little town we are ub has had
something like 48 cases and 4 deaths. For the past week there have been
no more reported cases which is sorta following the county and overall
state trends.

Hoping this gets over-with.

I can not see immunity not happening from infection. Happens on other
virus and there are other coronavirus we have had, this is number 19.

Not to be pedantic but the "19" refers to the year it was first
identified (2019).
The immunity might only be for one strain if it can mutate but that
still could help you fight the mutation.

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 17:23:37 -0400, RCE wrote:

RCE Wrote in message:
[...]

If the medical and science communities could come to an agreement on
immunity, we'd sure be making some progress.

The medical community can seem to come into agreement on much of
anything about this virus. If you don't like the last thing they said,
wait a week. I am a little curious about all of these vaccines but I
am not that confident they will actually give us all 100% immunity.
Vaccines seldom do.