Default Does this change your opinion at all?

On 6/9/2020 5:54 PM, Bill wrote:
John wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:28:45 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 07:54:11 -0400, John wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:38:24 -0400,
wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?fbclid=IwAR01-CR8uKSh_POp4lsvtcra676Em0QPD9dbjrhVa0fZ4YHD3gzOM8T mlH8

No, but it does show how you will latch onto anything you can. Did you notice
the words: might, could, can, suggest, appear, etc.? Earlier such words gave you
big problems. Now you wrap your arms around them.

I didn't see "can" and "might" in the WHO quotes, only the CNBC
hedging.

“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic
person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria
Van Kerkhove, head of WHOÂ’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said
at a news briefing from the United Nations agencyÂ’s Geneva
headquarters. “It’s very rare.”

What part of "It's very rare" is speculative?
Everything I have seen recently also says incidental momentary
contact, like passing someone in the aisle at Walmart, is not how this
virus spreads.
I think you boys have bought into the hype and now you can't let go.
Will you ever take off that silly mask or will this just be you until
you die?

Do you not realize that you can have the disease and have very minor symptoms?

Is that too much of a stretch for you?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

I think I had the disease and minor symptoms in early March. Wife was
super sick. We self quarantined, but wife could not stay up long enough
to go anywhere anyway. Seems as if that is a pretty widespread results of
getting sick. How many are going to join Harry in bankruptcy court
because of ill conceived orders. Why are most stores closed, but Home
Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart are seeing a huge increase in sales. Walmart,
other than the grocery part, are they more important than the local
furniture store, that sells a better quality of furniture than Wally?
Kohl’s stores, closed. Walmart selling clothes and same kitchen
appliances. Get some sense in the rules!

Totally agree that some of the "rules" are ridiculous.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 18:14:20 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html?fbclid=IwAR01-CR8uKSh_POp4lsvtcra676Em0QPD9dbjrhVa0fZ4YHD3gzOM8T mlH8

No, but it does show how you will latch onto anything you can. Did you notice
the words: might, could, can, suggest, appear, etc.? Earlier such words gave you
big problems. Now you wrap your arms around them.

I didn't see "can" and "might" in the WHO quotes, only the CNBC
hedging.

?From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic
person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,? Dr. Maria
Van Kerkhove, head of WHO?s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, said
at a news briefing from the United Nations agency?s Geneva
[...]

===

That always happens when you have a "one size fits all" policy. And a
lot of it comes down to who has the most effective lobbyists.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Definitely agree with that. I was in WalMart today. Lots of people. Social
distancing was a laugh. Everyone had on a mask though.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

My low opinion of... F.O.A.D. General 20 November 11th 13 01:45 PM
I'd like an opinion please... Wizard of Woodstock General 14 July 26th 09 10:44 PM
I would appreciate an opinion JimH General 0 December 28th 05 09:43 PM
Rules change and plans change Michael ASA 3 July 9th 04 12:44 AM
Opinion from Navigator ASA 1 May 7th 04 03:01 AM