Default Pallets of bricks

wrote:

I think this is mostly fake news. They had that story here too and
when they looked into it, the reality was the city was doing
maintenance on the pavers and the bricks were being stored there by
the contractor. This had been going on for months. The city (Ft Myers)
did move the bricks.

No. This is not material being set out for maitnenance work. Nor is it
debris from such work being disposed of. Disposal in such manner violates
trash/recycling regulations.

https://www.king5.com/video/news/bag...und-in-auburn-
city-trash-cans/281-f5797709-840a-4ba9-b07f-76f6813001b0

--
Paul Hovnanian
I want to die quietly in my sleep, like my grandfather,

On Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:30:17 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 5:05:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:53:35 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 11:08:33 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 05:12:26 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

Funded by Soros?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/random-piles-of-bricks-reported-at-george-floyd-protests

"Social media users participating in protests over the death of George Floyd have reported large piles of bricks randomly appearing at rallying sites."

Lots of pictures of this out there on the internet.

I think this is mostly fake news. They had that story here too and
when they looked into it, the reality was the city was doing
maintenance on the pavers and the bricks were being stored there by
the contractor. This had been going on for months. The city (Ft Myers)
did move the bricks.

Perhaps. But there are enough credible reports that there certainly seems to be something to it.

I saw the same Facebook meme as you but I don't see a conspiracy in
every dumb thing the government does. Sometimes it is just the
bureaucracy in inaction.

It took me a second, but... what?!? What dumb thing did the gov do pallets of bricks?

The Department of Public works stored bricks on the sidewalk near the
project they were doing here. I can't say about anywhere else.

Besides, aren't you the king of conspiracies, Mr. No-Mask-Wearer? That's a gov conspiracy according to you, correct?

I never said masks were a conspiracy, just a knee jerk feel good
gesture. The simple fact that there is no standard about what a mask
is points that out. There is also no actual protocol about how they
get used.

Bull****. All kinds of standards right he

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

I've shown you this before, but you choose to disregard it as it doesn't fit
your agenda.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

"Your cloth face covering may protect them. Their cloth face covering
may protect you."

Note the word "may".
We may have snow in Ft Myers but I am not buying a snow shovel.

Anything that starts right out with "may work" does not sound like a
standard in any scientific sense.
Of you showed up at any OSHA regulated work space with a bandanna on
your face, they would kick you out. (to avoid a fine) OSHA does have
standards about what constitutes a mask.

wrote:

[...]

Yes, there is some probability the mask will protect neither. However, there
*is* a standard about 'what a mask is'.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You are too binary in your thinking. Nobody I've heard claims a cloth
mask *prevents* the spread of the covid-19 virus. It *does* reduce the
chances however. The whole risk issue is based on statistics, not
absolute science like you are trying to make it out to be.

You accept the 60% infected as being the magic "herd immunity"
target, yet it also is based on a statistical analysis of the
"R-naught" factor.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

It is not a standard if anything from an N-95 to a neck gaiter passes
the test...
.... unless we are just saying any gesture counts.

Can I just draw a mask on my face with face paint?

wrote:

[...]

What statistics?
I haven't seen anything but contradictory and incomplete studies along
with a lot of unfounded opinion using words like "may" and "might".

"Mask mandatory" places are doing as bad or worse than places where
few people wear masks.

You accept the 60% infected as being the magic "herd immunity"
target, yet it also is based on a statistical analysis of the
"R-naught" factor.

Actually I think I was citing the 70% guess but we really don't know.

Wrote in message:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 15:37:05 -0400, John wrote:On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 14:01:28 -0400,
wrote:On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:45:32 -0400, John wrote:On Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:30:17 -0400, wrote:On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:24:32 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote:On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 5:05:03 PM UTC-4, wrote: On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:53:35 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote: On Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 11:08:33 AM UTC-4, wrote: On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 05:12:26 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote: Funded by Soros? https://www.foxnews.com/us/random-piles-of-bricks-reported-at-george-floyd-protests "Social media users participating in protests over the death of George Floyd have reported large piles of bricks randomly appearing at rallying sites." Lots of pictures of this out there on the internet. I think this is mostly fake news. They had that story here too and when they looked into it, the reality was the city was doing maintenance on the pavers and the bricks were being stored there by the contractor. This had been going on for months. The city (Ft Myers) did move the bricks. Perhaps. But there are enough credible reports that there certainly seems to be something to it. I saw the same Facebook meme as you but I don't see a conspiracy in every dumb thing the government does. Sometimes it is just the bureaucracy in inaction.It took me a second, but... what?!? What dumb thing did the gov do pallets of bricks?The Department of Public works stored bricks on the sidewalk near theproject they were doing here. I can't say about anywhere else. Besides, aren't you the king of conspiracies, Mr. No-Mask-Wearer? That's a gov conspiracy according to you, correct? I never said masks were a conspiracy, just a knee jerk feel goodgesture. The simple fact that there is no standard about what a maskis points that out. There is also no actual protocol about how theyget used. Bull****. All kinds of standards right hehttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.htmlI've shown you this before, but you choose to disregard it as it doesn't fityour agenda."Your cloth face covering may protect them. Their cloth face coveringmay protect you."Note the word "may". We may have snow in Ft Myers but I am not buying a snow shovel. Anything that starts right out with "may work" does not sound like astandard in any scientific sense. Of you showed up at any OSHA regulated work space with a bandanna onyour face, they would kick you out. (to avoid a fine) OSHA does havestandards about what constitutes a mask. Yes, there is some probability the mask will protect neither. However, there*is* a standard about 'what a mask is'.It is not a standard if anything from an N-95 to a neck gaiter passesthe test...... unless we are just saying any gesture counts. Can I just draw a mask on my face with face paint?

In Key West you could.
--
15 days and counting.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

You actually got that from the CDC article above?

Yes, you can draw a mask on your face with face paint. Just cover it with a real
one when you go shopping.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

That is the flaw in all of this, a "real" what?
A neck gaiter? They only say they block a certain percentage of U/V
light and brag about how easy they are to breathe through.
A bandanna that doesn't seal to your face at all?
Either will get you into Costco, the only place I have been with a
mask policy.
OTOH
The Costco employees are wearing lexan face shields, not any kind of
mask at all. Any contamination that stops is going right down on the
surfaces and products in front of them. Keep that in mind when you are
opening that roaster chicken or handling that 30 pack of Charmin.
These are simply feel good gestures.