Junior Member

Default Where to take a motorboat near Henley

Hello fellow motorboaters,

I am the proud (and new) owner of a Saver Open 495. To register on the inland waterways is going to take weeks but in the meantime I'd like to take it for a spin somewhere. Question is, where? I live near Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire. Can anyone tell me if there's any private lakes or the like where I can take my boat and play about a bit?

Thank you in advance

On Mon, 25 May 2020 22:37:02 +0100, Captain_Barnacles
wrote:

Hello fellow motorboaters,

I am the proud (and new) owner of a Saver Open 495. To register on the
inland waterways is going to take weeks but in the meantime I'd like to
take it for a spin somewhere. Question is, where? I live near
Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire. Can anyone tell me if there's any
private lakes or the like where I can take my boat and play about a
bit?

Thank you in advance

===

Unfortunately I don't have any navigation charts for the UK. I'd
recommend that you start by talking to local boaters in your area,
perhaps a boat dealer or local club. I assume that you can't operate
on the Thames until you are officially registered?

https://www.avg.com

Is it a sailboat or a motorboat? Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] ASA 12 April 22nd 08 06:04 PM
Is it a sailboat or a motorboat? Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Cruising 10 April 22nd 08 05:46 PM
Motorboat Bob Joe ASA 1 July 6th 06 07:20 PM
The 26th Thames Traditional Boat Rally at Henley-on-Thames, England Mike Phillips General 0 July 2nd 04 01:07 AM
The 26th Thames Traditional Boat Rally, Henley-on-Thames, England Mike Phillips General 0 July 2nd 04 01:02 AM